Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Senior Member Daguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    42 (821 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    I haven't adventured much in that 65/70 undead area (if it's the one I think it is), but I wouldn't recommend it as a solo experience.
    Ghosts / Mummies combo is KILLER!

    I always thought it weird that the various solo Gaz caves weren't dropping 70 gear, but pulling a yellow in there will still be quite rare compared to the constant loot train in GK. Everyone says they hate the environmental effects for fighting outside, but this seems mainly because the fire spots are few and far between (unless you carry your own). Consider adding a few more friendly warmup locations? If you have a little cold mit gear (and FM up) it's not horrible, but you have to constantly monitor your status and time your spells as you move which makes combat difficult to carry on for extended periods.

  2. #12
    Member ErDrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    293 (0 Banked)
    I think it's more a case of inventory being premium, rage to heats stack to 5, stuff like that. You don't want to waste 3 inventory slots and another 5 for 'special gear" that's probably not even optimal or even if it is has 300 less armor then your normal combat set.

    It's not that you can't do it, it's that for the rewards of 1 usable item (after heavily transmuting it of course) for killing 50 mobs in that area ( assuming you don't need a gold item, or heaven forbid a specific gold weapon/ring/neck.. because if you do make that 600 mobs for one item most likely) it isn't worth the effort. Then when you add the inventory+annoyance factor to that it's pretty balls.

    Also, not everyone enjoys crafting, crafting is kind of necessary to hunt in that area because the cold effect is incredibly punishing otherwise. I craft, but I hate crafting ( in every game I hate crafting I mean, I have no specific complaints about PG crafting aspects), I would 100% understand someone that does not craft at all. Crafting as an alternative is fine, crafting as a necessity is less cool.

    By that I mean, if you can craft lvl 70 winter gear you wouldn't even really need to hunt in that area except for certain handheld or jewelry slots in the first place.

    The problem is there is really no linear gear progression sans group for non-crafters, I think that was the original posters concern right?

    Also with the removal of belts that determined your loot, you can't just say "use fire magic" because your drops are always going to be for fire magic if you do, that's not really helpful unless that's the exact skill you actually want. ( before belts were changed that would be valid advice though). And that applies to more then just this situation, the same deal for "use shield" in warcaches for ghosts, or whatever, applies. Belt changes removed all those options, because if you are running something like that for gear, you want gear for your current skillset.. not some gimmick skillset that you are just being forced into using just to complete the content.

    Speaking of, the planned wipe of favor combined with no longer being able to wear belts to determine your drops is something I am REALLY not looking forward to in the future. There were definitely some unforseen consequences of changing that system that are going to suck fun away. I hope to -pick your deity- that when that happens they add more quests to those favor npc's, otherwise I cannot see myself doing it "again".
    Last edited by ErDrick; 06-25-2019 at 09:07 PM.

  3. #13
    Member Clip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    183 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    I actually thought most of those Gazluk caves were full of level 70 monsters already. It's unfortunately too late to adjust much for tomorrow's update, but I'll plan on making some changes there for the update after.
    Wow. Yay!

    As long as it's Christmas in Juneuary, here's my wishlist and why:

    • Hopefully make some of the chests level 70, because there's 0 solo reachable level 70 chests in the game right now.
    • Still hoping for a Level 70 bump for Gaz City, because for some reason the clothing/armor drop rate seems much higher on Orcs than on undead, and is effectively 0 on nonhumanoids. (Also, as others have pointed out, much of Windy View cave is really, really brutal. It's an acquired taste.)
    • Please minimize mixing level 70 with lower level mobs, because that effectively multiplies the number of mobs you have to wade through to get a RNG roll.

    Thanks for looking at this!!!

  4. #14
    Member Clip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    183 (0 Banked)
    Whoa! If level 80 content is imminent, then obviously level 70 solo content is a much less relevant concern. Level 80 solo farmable gear will very quickly become the goal.

    https://twitter.com/GorgonMMO/status...91520304967681

    Excited for the updates, regardless!

  5. #15
    Junior Member overtyped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    90 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clip View Post
    This topic is hard to broach without being flamebait, but I'll try.

    There's a "run GK or GTFO" feel to Project Gorgon when you get to level 70. It's the main reason I play the game less.

    Part of it is kind-hearted practical advice, because there is no good alternate source of ring/amulet/main hand/offhand slot items. There's also an abrupt transition from 65, where a patient solo player can reasonably accumulate yellow items in every slot by adventuring, to level 70, where it's crafted or GK only for the worn slots.

    Part of it is less benign. Some players like GK a lot and view any other options as a threat that could draw players away from their groups. Or maybe they have some (false) idea that letting other players have fun will somehow detract from their experience, and they argue that level 70 solo rewards, if added, should be nerfed relative to GK.

    I know that to make that area an effective test bed for group combat, the game experience has to be tuned to challenge a geared group, and that the respawns have to be fast enough for force groups to keep moving. But for me, that's not fun at all, and for every level except 70, I was able to find other, slower paced, fun content, that still had a good enough chance for the RNG to give a yellow item that it felt worthwhile.

    The War Caches proved that PG can deliver great content for all play styles, and you might get a yellow once every few dungeons. I know that we're only in a temporary period where 70 is the max, and new higher levels will have new zones, but that's a long time (possibly years) away.

    When I come home, tired and already near my stress limit, committing to the mandatory time investment of a GK run usually isn't an option. (Even if I get lucky and one's even forming and they're willing to take me. It's not like I'm enough of a regular to get invites.) And since that's really the only place I can get a RNG roll for any top level gear, I just don't log into PG.

    There's a lot more to it, like not wanting to be "carried" by much more powerful geared players. It was a harsh awakening when my first GK run (where I was useless relative to the others), resulted in half my gear being replaced. There's a huge power gap between geared/ungeared at 70, and few options to work through it without accepting charity.

    Is there much hope for a player like me to build a set of gear? It's been ... 7 months of trying and failing at it now, because of the above challenges. I know I can get the worn slots with leatherworking, but that's only half a set.

    (I waited a long time to post this. By now I've run all the dungeons during events, killed just about everything in the game, and put in 50-100 hours of farming the few pockets of level 70 solo-able mobs, including that corner of Windy Cave. I feel pretty certain that there's no secret I'm missing.)
    What you want is the opposite of what makes this game attractive in the first place. If you want meaningful solo content go play world of warcraft, then u can sit in your hideout all day and wonder why you aren't having fun, and why the game isn't social anymore.

    Suggestions like your's is what turned once good mmo's into single player themeparks.

  6. #16
    Junior Member Lasc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    169 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by overtyped View Post
    What you want is the opposite of what makes this game attractive in the first place. If you want meaningful solo content go play world of warcraft, then u can sit in your hideout all day and wonder why you aren't having fun, and why the game isn't social anymore.

    Suggestions like your's is what turned once good mmo's into single player themeparks.
    I dont normally post or get baited by replies like yours, But why is what he's asking the opposite of what makes this game attractive?
    Why is asking for SOME solo content capable of yielding a (current) max level drop an issue?

    Groupping & Dungeons simply accelerates the the gear/materials churn. The OP never asked to be decked out in yellows as a right of a soloer.
    You seem to assume that everyone plays the game your way, and that Gazluk is and should be the only way forward for those whove attained the level cap.
    Soloing will always be slower, soloers are always gated by things such as fewer funds to progress as fast as those who do grind dungeons.

    Show me what the real issue is?

    Show me where it states that PG is the game exclusive to players who want to dungeon grind. Im not sure what your playing, but PG has never been that to me.
    Its a community focused 'sandbox' style game that appears intent at being inclusive of gamers generally. Not excluding based on any single particular style.

    Suggestions like your's is what turned once good mmo's into single player themeparks.
    So before getting on your high horse with statements this, why not consider and properly read what the poster is asking and ask yourself how the wider PG gaming community can benefit from his suggestion.

    I certainly would welcome gamers of any sort to PG, not just the bleeding edge, nor the casual player. Be Inclusive.
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

  7. #17
    Junior Member overtyped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    90 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasc View Post
    I dont normally post or get baited by replies like yours, But why is what he's asking the opposite of what makes this game attractive?
    Why is asking for SOME solo content capable of yielding a (current) max level drop an issue?

    Groupping & Dungeons simply accelerates the the gear/materials churn. The OP never asked to be decked out in yellows as a right of a soloer.
    You seem to assume that everyone plays the game your way, and that Gazluk is and should be the only way forward for those whove attained the level cap.
    Soloing will always be slower, soloers are always gated by things such as fewer funds to progress as fast as those who do grind dungeons.

    Show me what the real issue is?

    Show me where it states that PG is the game exclusive to players who want to dungeon grind. Im not sure what your playing, but PG has never been that to me.
    Its a community focused 'sandbox' style game that appears intent at being inclusive of gamers generally. Not excluding based on any single particular style.



    So before getting on your high horse with statements this, why not consider and properly read what the poster is asking and ask yourself how the wider PG gaming community can benefit from his suggestion.

    I certainly would welcome gamers of any sort to PG, not just the bleeding edge, nor the casual player. Be Inclusive.
    Anything that promotes solo play over group play is against the principles of what an mmo should be. There are plenty of single player games out there, he can just go play those, /can close thread now since i solved his problem.

  8. #18
    Junior Member Lasc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    169 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by overtyped View Post
    Anything that promotes solo play over group play is against the principles of what an mmo should be. There are plenty of single player games out there, he can just go play those, /can close thread now since i solved his problem.
    Wrong. Clearly your delusional and simply looking to stir trouble.
    Mmo. Massively Multiplayer online (game)

    The phrase does not imply the cooperative activity. Simply it’s a game you play with others at the same time.
    I don’t know you, your background, nor do I care to. But if you were to attempt to market a game in this day and age at pure cooperative play, in every sense, it’d fail.

    Another thing, preaching that your opinion is correct in relation to PG is fundamentally incorrect anyway
    You can craft max level gear from completely solo attainable materials. Check.
    You can solo any and all callings, be it combat or crafting to max. Check.

    By your narrow view, PG already doesn’t fit the narrative your pushing
    Time to move with the times, the gaming worlds expectation and commitment has changed and moved on. Move with it and you might just enjoy things a bit more.

    Let’s get this thread back on track
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

  9. #19
    Junior Member overtyped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    90 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasc View Post
    Wrong. Clearly your delusional and simply looking to stir trouble.
    Mmo. Massively Multiplayer online (game)

    The phrase does not imply the cooperative activity. Simply it’s a game you play with others at the same time.
    I don’t know you, your background, nor do I care to. But if you were to attempt to market a game in this day and age at pure cooperative play, in every sense, it’d fail.

    Another thing, preaching that your opinion is correct in relation to PG is fundamentally incorrect anyway
    You can craft max level gear from completely solo attainable materials. Check.
    You can solo any and all callings, be it combat or crafting to max. Check.

    By your narrow view, PG already doesn’t fit the narrative your pushing
    Time to move with the times, the gaming worlds expectation and commitment has changed and moved on. Move with it and you might just enjoy things a bit more.

    Let’s get this thread back on track
    Since you can get everything with max crafting, why do you want to make the game easier?
    Everyone these days wants everything handed to them, why can't we just have one mmo that isn't like that? GO ruin a different game.
    Last edited by overtyped; 07-07-2019 at 01:12 AM.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Greyfyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    953 (0 Banked)
    Hi Lasc and overtyped.

    The game is good for both group and solo play. I hope it remains that way.

    Also, the community is really great. Both of you can have your opinions. And the forum is an excellent place to express them, but please don't get sucked into a verbal pvp over your differing viewpoints. I'm hoping you'll stop there so no one has to close the thread.

    Grey (volunteer guide and fellow player)



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •