Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    Side note, you forgot to mention booze-buffs. I had a 5.5% melee evasion beer at the brown ale level. I'm having trouble finding the effect on the JSON parser--but its a thing for sure.

The pure evasion stuff is really nice, but wouldnt it go to trash once you got stunned? I'd call it more of a limitation to this analysis vs a flaw though.

That potion is worth talking about, and I think with it stacking (in your bags) to 10, I'm not sure how I feel about using them. I have not been keeping an eye out on buy-used tabs for them so I don't have many. The curse time+effect is fairly rough, but I think I'm the only one who thinks of the curse as bad.

It's worth testing in a group but I really see the test going like, "I pulled 6, it was going well until something stunned me".
    You're correct in that evasion is theoretically worse at reducing damage than outright resistance, but it's still very valuable. There isn't any sort of "Attack type resistance" to compare it too, but it does have the advantage of negating any negative effects attached to the attacks you evade. Because of that it means it can be better against debilitating enemies (Ex. Tacticians), which I think makes up for the fact it's theoretically worse if you potentially get stunned.

My stance on evasion is that it's incredibly good for tanks AFTER you get proper mitigation up. Mostly that's because it scales well with normal mitigation and so you always have "Real" defense to fall back on if you get unlucky, including the unlucky scenario you get stunned through evasion/stun resistance.

The chart I made is just me trying to weigh things for a sort of general sense. You're right in that evasion could be theoretically weighed lower since enemies can take away evasion, but can't take away resistance, but I think that should be judged by each individual player. I don't think I could come up with a good "Generic" number for everyone. Sword/Shield players could actually weigh it higher because they can become stun immune and therefore evasion would be strictly better on average. Werewolf/Deer/Bat players can temporarily hit 100% projectile evasion, in which case mobs with ranged stuns (Like the elementalist trainees) shouldn't be an issue, but only during those times they hit 100% evasion and so it should be judged by the individual.

If you want to be simple/silly about it though, it's safe to say evasion has a 1:1 value with damage reduction, because 100% evasion to everything would allow you to dodge 100% of attacks and therefore take 100% less damage. This is probably not going to happen but it can theoretically boil down to that.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 06-21-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Thread Footer