Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions and a Question - Combat

Will there be any improvements on combat mechanics ? Being able to attack without facing the enemy and the target square feels very odd and unpleasent compared to the rest of the game(which is awesome)

Position based mechanics like flanking and needing to face the enemy or back of the enemy for some attacks could improve and make the combat aspect more fun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have answers to your question, but I also think combat lacks some physics that would enhance the mechanics. I liked being able to actually dodge incoming projectiles in other games, although this was mainly geared towards PvP which PG is not focused on. At first the heat seeking missiles in game threw me off, especially when the crypt skeles were blasting me through walls and around corners. Over time I have adjusted my own play style to this, and often kite/retreat while spamming ranged attacks that render behind me. I'm not sure if this was ever really intended or just a side effect of the current combat system.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be no action combat in PG - as far as I know, game engien do not allow it. But we already have conditional atatcks. Knife have few skills that delas more damge/have additional effect when hitting enemy from behind (or enemy that is not targeting you). Staff has some mods that give more damage/healing if hitting vulnerable targets, Hammer deals more damge to mobs as they rage bar fills.

I agree that mobs boxes looks veried, and I wouldn't miss then if they got removed.

Thread Footer