Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spider Quest: What are your thoughts on it?

Hiedy-ho!

What are your thoughts on the Spider Scavenger Hunt?

I logged in at 9AM my time on Saturday morning and decided to give it a go. (YES, I know that AM means morning...)

I went to Sunvale to start hunting. I knew that our admins LOVE making us quake in terror at their "obvious" hiding places.
    Well there was no help channel...and very few people hunting. I created the Spideraid channel and posted the first spider I found. Seya and several others found the other 2 spiders. I had to take off....

Later I finally was able to find the spoilers in discord...The hiding places could not be told in chat they were SO twisted and complicated.

Having to fly...realizing that the "4 of us" meant only 3 to find...At least Sunvale was easy.
    Rahu...seriously? Inside a hostile house....and other harder to find spots.
    Kur...I gave up because I was not in a party to get the final spider surrounded by mobs. The other 2 were worse to find than Rahu.

I knew reading the list that I would probably fail all but the Sunvale hide and tear-your-hair-out seek.
    I did not even try the dungeon hunts.

My thoughts on all of these events:
    - The rewards are not worth the hours spent. Sunvale took several of us around 2 hours to find all 3 spiders.
    - Many people have limited play time and even with spoilers do not have the time it takes to find the items.
    - The regions the events are located in do not cater to lower level players. Sunvale, Kur, Winter Nexus, Rahu, Rahu Sewers, and Yeti Cave! As a mere level 40's thru low 50's combat player I can not handle mob 1 in most of these areas. I could always beg to join a party and get carried, but they RUN thru areas I would love to walk thru and explore.
    - Higher level stuff should be well hidden or even guarded. But geez the lowest spiders were pretty hard to find.
    - NOTE even the 1 event that had spots in Serbule were not meant for lower level players

I play games to chat with people and have fun. I do not consider looking at a list and knowing all I will find is death and aggravation fun.

MY suggestion is keep the upper level stuff but make it so LOW level players can participate in the events without having to be shown everything or carried everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, I keep logging on to see these events and I'm quick to decide they're probably not worth doing.

There's two situations -

Either you're in the initial batch of players, exploring and discovering the objective's location, or you log on later, ask friends, scour the internet, or look through discord to find out where they are, pick up the reward for a fraction of the time.

In either case, the former group isn't properly rewarded, and the latter group may be over-compensated for minimalistic efforts. If you throw up a "only the first X people get the bonus reward" to try mitigate this, you'll end up punishing players who are late to the party or don't have great play schedules. There's no winning.

The events don't feel natural to the game-play, if that makes sense? I'd be more inclined to engage with events that required you to kill monsters, for example, like the halloween event.

If generic item spawns, like goblets and plates, occasionally spawned something of intrigue, or perhaps you're able to identify cursed paintings or something - this sort of thing just feels less forced while adding variety and flavour to the game.

But yeah, I figured if others were enjoying these find-the-potato events then it wasn't really a problem for me to just ignore them all together; something interesting will come along later.
    IGN: Vzi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on the spider event - The event encountered an error and was ended ahead of schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience. This is what happens when you're testing stuff!

Thank you for the feedback that was given. Even though the event has ended, please feel free to continue doing so!
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not much of a fan of scavenger-hunt style quests - especially when you're searching for something very small in the very large zones this game has. I spent maybe two hours looking around Sun Vale, found two spiders, and decided I had better things to spend time on.

Flying was fun though.
    Last edited by RedSlave; 06-02-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a really stupid question but when you make these events do you tune them to the abilities that are in theory supposed to point you in the direction of quest objectives?

I didn't even think about them (because who uses those abilities ever right) until a few hours ago.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up on it early. i have limited game time, and there were no rewards worth the effort and aggravation. After the unspeakably poor reward for completing the Jackencola scavenger hunt, I am not likely to be interested in ANY repeat.

Thread Footer