Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transmutation of mods needs some serious help.

I know I have seen plenty of previous threads on this topic and I would like to join the consensus in saying that 4 tries to roll for a lvl 80 mod is ridiculous.
    Thinking about the time investment to get to lvl 70 transmutation to only be stonewalled by this arbitrary constraint of 4 tries or a 25 percent reduction in durability is definitely disheartening and very frustrating. The quality phlog is a constraint in and of itself.
    I think 10 percent reduction might be slightly more reasonable.
    I am sure Citan is going to say it is in a "good place" as seems to be the usual response, but I hope they give some serious thought to all factors. I finally got a yellow lvl 80 sword after thousands of monster kills only now to have to wait god knows how long to get the mods I want.
    Either reduce the durability loss or the 7 day wait period in between tries. We still need the phlog to change mods, which itself takes time to acquire.

Thanks for listening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is frustrating.
    I used up >900 quality phlog and 40 large prisms today modding a max-crafted and auged level 80 leather set - and still it is not finished, but next week it might be.

Was it worth it? Yes, I now have another best-in-slot (BIS) set of gear until level 90 arrives.

Should it be expensive and onerous? Certainly. Obtaining BIS should not be an everyday occurrence
    Is it 'fair'? Yes as everyone can obtain it by spending time in PG.

What's next? Making a third max-crafted, auged and modded set of gear. Then crafting BIS jewellery and weapons for them.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes, I would in fact say that making overpowered items is in a good place. Players need to keep in mind that legendary items are inherently overpowered. I don't balance against having legendaries -- having them means you will be doing more damage, healing more, etc. than the game plans for. You are becoming overpowered. And yeah, that takes a while. So what?

Look, if you're bored at max level and think everything seems boring, STOP PLAYING. Take a break. If you hate grinding, then don't grind. Come back in a while. Or decide that having spent HUNDREDS of hours in this game is enough, and you're full up on Gorgon, and you can move on. All of these things are okay with me.

Intentionally making it even easier to get overpowered gear -- and thus making it even harder for me to create some sense of challenge for you -- is not in the cards, no.
    Last edited by Citan; 03-03-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Look, if you're bored at max level and think everything seems boring, for fuck's sake, STOP PLAYING.
    This good sir, is why I appreciate your game. When I created my thread about the combination of large Conch drop rate stacked on the low conversation rate to modify them to Perfect Conch, you basically told me it was tough and meant to be tough. Which I was fine with. I only made the thread at behest of Jackncola as he suggested I do in case the rate may be off. You reviewed it and I went on my merry way to make and get what I wanted. I appreciate your no bull shit, don't be a whiner approach. I have left games precisely for caving in and making changes that changed what brought me to a game in the first place, because of forums crying. People learn the squeaky wheel gets the grease and then every post becomes a squeaky wheel Continue to stick to your guns good sir.
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save your bullshit rhetoric for someone who hasn't already put in fuckloads of hours.
    The only thing that attitude is gonna accomplish will be to drive players away from a game that is struggling at best. But, then again, we both know it is more of a labor of love than anything else. I don't mind you being a little over protective of your baby.
    But if you are gonna talk overpowered,
    Getting the desired mods on a piece of gear that took aeons to get already, isnt it.
    Soloing Zuke on the otherhand.....hmmm

With some big titles right around the corner, no worries I will be "taking a break" as you put it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if overpowered characters are the concern, why have an event a week long where transmutation is basically free?
    Lmao, Cmon man!

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bullshit rhetoric? No, it's more than enough.

Thread Footer