I would like to see a new path to unlocking blacksmithing. I have a new char who is a full time animal form and my intention was to have them be an animal from the start. I knew there would be limitations most of which I accepted, but having 25 armor-patching be the only path to blacksmithing is a rough one.

I'm not actually that concerned with blacksmithing itself as this is an alt that I knew would be stunted BUT with armor patching being the only path that means armor patching is a requirement for: Blacksmithing, ToolCrafting, Weapon Augmentation, and Jewelry Augmentation which is a lot to put behind a single skill that requires humanoid form.

I get that it won't take me long to un-bat, power level armor patching, get blacksmithing, and re-bat, but it takes away a bit of the fantasy for me. I'm fine not having sigil scripting, spells from tradeskills, having to use illusion WoP to talk to certain humanoids, and not being able to chop wood - that stuffs easy, but not being able to unlock two augmentation skills and toolcrafting is rough.

Perhaps Kodan could teach the base if you meet some requirement since he already unlocks it to higher levels?