I just want to say that I am happy to be part of the Project Gorgon community. I bought this game on a recommendation because I had been a long time fan of the genre. I'm 40 years old and when MMOs first hit the scene (in a mainstream sense) I remember them blowing my mind. After the first 20+ years of my life, having to be in the same room as somebody in order to game with them, being able to play with my friends outside of physical proximity was the coolest thing ever. Then I started making new friends in game, and new adventures and memories. Then at some point the genre changed a lot. It became saturated, and everything became about queueing and zerging and less of a need for community. I'm not saying that the games were better 20 years ago, that's certainly debatable, but the communities were different for sure.

I didn't go into this game thinking "This is it! This is the game I've been looking for!" I was skeptical to say the least. I'm a casual reader of Massively OP, and the award they gave Project Gorgon was impressive, as well as solid recommendations from players. I had pretty much given up on the genre for the most part. But playing Project Gorgon took me back to days when an MMO world was an adventure and the communities supported their games. I also like that the developers don't seem to be catering to the lowest common denominator. They are not trying to make a game that caters, rather I believe they are following a vision. That will hopefully lead to a loyal and steady player base, versus a fleeting and fickle one.

I'm not much of a forum poster, but I wanted to say thanks for the great community in game, and I look forward to more of it with all of you. I believe I've found a good MMO to call home.