Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goat Hunting Event - feedback

Thanks for the goat hunting event. I had a good time chasing them down.

Also thanks for the players for setting up the goathuntingspoilers chat channel (I hope I remember the right name here)

I'd like to give some feedback

I had some trouble understanding the second hint-text. (the one referencing Sarge Sar-... names).

And after doing another activity I could find the text again. And I couldn't go back up to the high located 1st goat.

kind regards

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second goat was actually my favorite, it was a bit more challenging than the rest, but still based in the lore. I really liked that this event came with hints to guide the direction and was spread throughout the world, was a nice addition to the egg style where they were contained, but could be anywhere.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What I really love about these events is that they get players to start a spoilers chat channel and come together and the rewards aren't so important/life changing that players who aren't into this sort of thing feel like the HAVE to suffer through them.

I'm not sure how I feel about the gourmand experience being hidden behind these events at a one per account limit. If these events/rewards happen rarely (like once per year for egg's jelly beans) then I would say I want them to open up to once per char, but it's really not that big of a deal, just like that sweet sweet gourmand xp.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the rewards are not amazing or anything (new stuff is nice don't read into that wrong)... why cant you repeat events on multiple characters for a reward?

Not that most people can do that anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    Considering the rewards are not amazing or anything (new stuff is nice don't read into that wrong)... why cant you repeat events on multiple characters for a reward?

Not that most people can do that anyway.
    For now, while we test payouts of different types, we're trying to keep it restricted until we are comfortable that there are no leaks/exploits to allow someone to amass crazy amounts of loot. These first few months of events are going to be a lot of oddball testing. I'm working on a blog that will explain what to expect over the coming tests, but I need more time working with the new system before I can release it.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My initial reaction was that these should not be repeatable as folks would just farm it like crazy to sell the unobtainable gourmand exp to those that missed it.

But after a little more thought, there are a few players that do play alts quite well (I'm not 1) as in each has a proper use, rather than the typical approach of using it to gain storage/guild points or worse as tool to by pass the work order mechanic.

Perhaps if there was a way that the gourmand Item could be locked to the character that did the quest, this would allow those that would actually use it properly to not miss out whilst stopping the chance of exploiting it.

As for the event, I found it Ok, to be honest for me the reward is small so I just want to do it quickly and move on.
    So for me that means knowing where to go and getting it done fast, asking for locations in other words.
    This produces a more normal mmo/rpg kinda quest than is common in this game.
    Whilst not my thing there addition is still a benefit and perhaps more so for others.

Thanks for taking the time to do these kinda things, even when they come off less than great, I'm sure it's fair to say that most are extremely grateful more is being added.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was small quick quest (less than hour to done)
    and the reward was good for less than 1 hour fun

I think that in the future for similar event first or few first person who complete quest should get very little better reward that later and SYSTEM may spamming few times global chat that they are firs who do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it more than the egg event, as it was possible to reasonably do without spoilers (though I did need help on #2 ).

The reward wasn't clear though, after finding all 5 goats and returning to the quest-giver, he just repeated the initial text. I eventually just tried opening the chests and it worked.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSlave View Post
    The reward wasn't clear though, after finding all 5 goats and returning to the quest-giver, he just repeated the initial text. I eventually just tried opening the chests and it worked.
    Good point... I actually asked "Is this worth doing?" and was told by guildies "Yes, for gourmand", but had no idea if that meant 100xp or 1000xp.

I liked this event better than eggs because the goats are physically larger and easier to see. The clues were a nice addition as well, but the third one was wonky for me.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved this event. I think it was so much better than the eggs given the clues. Surprisingly, the first one was the hardest for me (I had convinced myself it was somewhere it wasn't).

I agree that the rewards were unclear, as I too kept trying to talk to the quest-giver before just clicking on the rewards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note: the second reward chest was a bit hard to see where it was placed among the landscape grass/flowers. I didn't see it at all until someone pointed it out to me. If you have the landscape grass/flowers turned off you wouldn't have noticed it was hard to see.

Thread Footer