Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Crashes Entering Murky Cave

In Serbule Hills in the big lake in the middle of the map there's an area you can enter named Murky Cave. Every time I try to enter the game tries to load and the application becomes unresponsive. Really wanted to check it out, but sadly it crashes the game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Nasty_ View Post
    In Serbule Hills in the big lake in the middle of the map there's an area you can enter named Murky Cave. Every time I try to enter the game tries to load and the application becomes unresponsive. Really wanted to check it out, but sadly it crashes the game.
    Don't know if this still works login on the character selection menu hold ctr then click play should make the game look ugly af but it should let you go in

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that doesn't fix it chances are you have the same problem I had which is my computer sucked @** and had to gut it for parts along with 5 other laptops to use for a new one even the one I am using now for a side one is a potato but it runs my main one more expensive also keep in mind this didn't always be the case but after alot of updates my old potato become unable to handle this game, hell I would freeze and serbule every day
    Last edited by spider91301; 04-30-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...4117#post14117

EDIT:
    Solved it.
    Solution was to via steam,
    1) open app properties

2) select local files tab

3) click browse local files option

4) Delete UnityPlayer.dll

5) Run the validate Integrity of game files. A new UnityPlayer.dll will be fetched.

booted game and zoned in.
    Was having a similar problem a while ago
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither of the suggestions don't work sadly, if you guys can you should try to enter the cave to see if it's broken for you too. That way we can narrow down if it's something wrong on my end or other users game copies.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can log in with a different character and use /unstickchar <name> (something similar to this command) and it will port that toon away from the broken loading screen for the dungeon. At that point, you need to test your graphics settings and optimize them for your machine. That is likely the issue that is causing you to get hung up loading. There's a few experimental optimizations you can manually enter in the settings as well, but I don't have my list handy. I have just been adding them as they are mentioned in patch notes over the years and have seen nothing but improvements so far...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of what the graphics are set to it won't let me in. I haven't tried porting a character but I feel like that won't work either. I have RX 580 8gb, 2700x, and 16gb ram. Definitely higher than suggested specs. I think the dungeon might be actually broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay never mind guys, figured it out. I just had to wait about 4 minutes for it to load into the zone, bizarre. Patience is key for this "bug" I don't know what to call it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of what the graphics are set to it won't let me in. I haven't tried porting a character but I feel like that won't work either. I have RX 580 8gb, 2700x, and 16gb ram. Definitely higher than suggested specs. I think the dungeon might be actually broken.
    The /unstickchar <name> character I can 99% promise you will work and I am sorry this bullcrap is happening to you if I was god for only a minute I would have fixed it for you sadly I don't think the universe would let me be god to much bullcrap in the world would get fixed the extremist way

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay never mind guys, figured it out. I just had to wait about 4 minutes for it to load into the zone, bizarre. Patience is key for this "bug" I don't know what to call it.
    Please let us know if you have continued trouble accessing that dungeon now that you were able to successfully load in. I suspect you just needed to download the files for the first time and they should load much faster from now on.

Thread Footer