Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full time healer - plausible or wasteful?

Has anyone gone full in on healer at the expense of damage? In other mmo's I've played with more straightforward party setups/class specializations healers have often not attacked mobs/trash outside of potentially some CC and have mostly just sat their and healed. I haven't seen this played out in PG and was wondering if it's viable or if the healing output turns into over kill at the cost of party progression speed

I would be interested in a full time healer priest/psych build that intentionally takes on Claudia and Lord Segewicks curses with nimble armor - using something along the lines of this: jv442di0 (gorgonexplorer.com build) - you would basically be forcing this char into group play only and I assume that much healing just wouldn't be useful at the cost of group dps. Also while having a healer _could_ speed up movement, the power drain from moving while in combat/each dps player having to use more skills/kill would also slow down the group.

I know output might be better with druid or bard instead of psych, but the character I'm considering this for is a giant bat and not a druid, more so looking to hear what other people's healing experience has been like especially in dungeons/group play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play as priest/mentalism and if im in heal setup and get caught alone im screwed. It is plausible to play

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally, a dedicated healer will allow a dedicated tank to pull more mobs at one time and therefore go faster. But it's only worthwhile to have a tank like that if you have the dps to take down all of those mobs at one time. So you only get real use out of a dedicated healer if you already have a good tank (rare) and some good dps (flame breath). You tend to only see dedicated healing roles in guilds that can plan around having good dps/tanking.

I'd advise against making it because its only real use would be for GK and bosses, so end game content in ideal groups which are rare in their own right. That said, I do enjoy having a dedicated healer as a tank and a group with 1 tank + 4 dps + 1 healer will be able to do more, faster, than a group with 1 tank + 5 dps.

On your build: Replace remedy mods with corrupt hate mods. It's a very good spell. jv4pk5fv

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played with full healers before, pig /priest is my favorite. It's really helpful with voice chat and a dedicated tank/puller. So I guess thats 2 slots of low DPS and 4 of DPS. It kind of leads to the tank doing the AoE Pit type of fights, which can easily go wrong if everyone is not on the same page.

The fun thing with priest/psych is you can make 2 solid builds with those skills and DPS or heal depending on what you want to do.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldaron View Post
    I would be interested in a full time healer priest/psych build that intentionally takes on Claudia and Lord Segewicks curses with nimble armor.
    Don't take Claudia's curse as 3% power for 10% hp isn't worth it. In previous builds you could die from 1-2 crits as a non tank so more health = live longer.

LS's curse on the other hand is completely fine when you have zero offense.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    I'd advise against making it because its only real use would be for GK and bosses, so end game content in ideal groups which are rare in their own right. That said, I do enjoy having a dedicated healer as a tank and a group with 1 tank + 4 dps + 1 healer will be able to do more, faster, than a group with 1 tank + 5 dps.
    I have tried playing a healer in lower tier content when I had friends who played this game all the time. Largely speaking it isn't worth it.

If you were going to do this I would say do it with a new character that your guild helps you power level or something - but thats so much work I haven't even bothered with that personally.

Pig is super nice- but you have to be a pig. I think bard competes with pig very well considering it has some very powerful group avoidance buffs and has aoe rez. Druid or priest healing combined with that is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    On your build: Replace remedy mods with corrupt hate mods. It's a very good spell. jv4pk5fv
    You will only use remedy in combat in the sewers for poison or the desert (fire effects-with mod). Mostly it is a non combat bone healing spell.

Thread Footer