Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Banned spider91301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    177 (2,230 Banked)
    Guess its time for more people to actually learn shield lol literally the most basic thing in the game even before knowing its mods I knew it would have a stun when I picked it up also if the ghost isnt a elite couldn't a mouse trap work? asking cuz I cant log for a while

  2. #22
    Senior Member Tagamogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    699
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    612 (1,801 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    also if the ghost isnt a elite couldn't a mouse trap work? asking cuz I cant log for a while
    Oh, now that is actually a great idea - so we do have some non-combat skill way to stun. It's out of sequence when leveling though - a new player would do war caches before Rahu Sewers where the rat traps drop and the recipe is learned. Still for my current purposes, leveling gadgeteering would be easier than trying to switch in another combat skill.

  3. #23
    Banned spider91301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    177 (2,230 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Oh, now that is actually a great idea - so we do have some non-combat skill way to stun. It's out of sequence when leveling though - a new player would do war caches before Rahu Sewers where the rat traps drop and the recipe is learned. Still for my current purposes, leveling gadgeteering would be easier than trying to switch in another combat skill.
    Was scrolling through wiki and couldn't find anything so I went to my through my brain instead of wiki this is the best none combat skill related solution I could find I could be wrong though since I cant log for a quarter of a year due to some irl issues to test it and also its as you say out of sequence with leveling which kinda sucks but when I first joined this game I expected stuns would be a must so I tried never to make a combo combat skill wise without one glad I was right
    Last edited by spider91301; 04-30-2019 at 10:07 AM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Niph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    1,309 (0 Banked)
    I confirm that Paralizing Rat Trap works and stuns ghosts in F-4. Also that they have no armor (for the purpose of the sword mod, but I didn't test it). Also I confirm that Frostbite (Ice Magic) doesn't work.

    The trap can stun pretty much only one ghost, though.

  5. #25
    Banned spider91301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    177 (2,230 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    I confirm that Paralizing Rat Trap works and stuns ghosts in F-4. Also that they have no armor (for the purpose of the sword mod, but I didn't test it). Also I confirm that Frostbite (Ice Magic) doesn't work.

    The trap can stun pretty much only one ghost, though.
    Lol I feel like a genius for once for finding a workaround no one else in the thread thought of lolz thats a first

  6. #26
    Junior Member Xaradas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    52 (0 Banked)
    I can confirm that sword mod for stun works great on ghosts.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Daguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    0 (821 Banked)
    I think this goes back to the "talking to Sand Seer" and preparing to enter the cache with the correct skills. Figger1 and I both entered with the wrong skills active, or without the proper items needed to stun. In my opinion, this is actually a great example of this feature and how it encourages players to try out other skills and/or gear up for various combos. The rat trap trick is great to know!

  8. #28
    Senior Member Tagamogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    699
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    612 (1,801 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    I think this goes back to the "talking to Sand Seer" and preparing to enter the cache with the correct skills. Figger1 and I both entered with the wrong skills active, or without the proper items needed to stun. In my opinion, this is actually a great example of this feature and how it encourages players to try out other skills and/or gear up for various combos. The rat trap trick is great to know!
    I kind of disagree with that because "just play another combat skill" is not a real solution to me. I'm playing my current skills because I enjoy them or want to level them or want to get gear for them, and don't want to be forced to switch them because they are the "wrong" skill. I'm ok if some things are harder to do, but it shouldn't be impossible.

    The spider punt potion for the scorpion dungeons is a great example of allowing players to use any skill combo and still get the knockback, just a bit less conveniently. I kind of want something similar for the ghosts, except not a potion because that's already been done now.

    Maybe a solution to the ghosts could be to just have them take a tiny bit more damage than now if they haven't been stunned? I'm ok with them taking longer to die but when playing at level they really can't be killed now without a stun, imo.

    I do like the rat trap trick very much and I'm happy to finally have a reason to level gadgeteering but I still think it would be nice if there was something else to allow stun.

    Or, I guess, an even simpler solution could be to just have Sir Johnson always assign a different dungeon for the next war cache quest. I think the main reason this was such a problem for Figger1 is that this one single dungeon was blocking access to all the war caches because the quest kept getting recycled.

  9. #29
    Member Silkt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    204 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I kind of disagree with that because "just play another combat skill" is not a real solution to me. I'm playing my current skills because I enjoy them or want to level them or want to get gear for them, and don't want to be forced to switch them because they are the "wrong" skill. I'm ok if some things are harder to do, but it shouldn't be impossible.

    The spider punt potion for the scorpion dungeons is a great example of allowing players to use any skill combo and still get the knockback, just a bit less conveniently. I kind of want something similar for the ghosts, except not a potion because that's already been done now.

    Maybe a solution to the ghosts could be to just have them take a tiny bit more damage than now if they haven't been stunned? I'm ok with them taking longer to die but when playing at level they really can't be killed now without a stun, imo.

    I do like the rat trap trick very much and I'm happy to finally have a reason to level gadgeteering but I still think it would be nice if there was something else to allow stun.

    Or, I guess, an even simpler solution could be to just have Sir Johnson always assign a different dungeon for the next war cache quest. I think the main reason this was such a problem for Figger1 is that this one single dungeon was blocking access to all the war caches because the quest kept getting recycled.
    I also agree, according to the dev blog these are meant as a gearing up dungeon post the shithole that is Kur, they aren't meant to say your build is shit "fuck off to serbule and start again" because we will keep sending you to the same one until you get it.

    Edit: PS rat trap is not a viable option at level because you don't get it until the next zone and level. So either move war caches to Rahu and bring Rahu sewers to Ilmari Sewers.
    Last edited by Silkt; 05-01-2019 at 12:54 PM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member ShieldBreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    825
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Points
    116 (2,504 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkt View Post
    ...

    Edit: PS rat trap is not a viable option at level because you don't get it until the next zone and level. So either move war caches to Rahu and bring Rahu sewers to Ilmari Sewers.
    Unless some enterprising merchant, starts promoting and selling them in Serbule Market.



Thread Footer

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •