Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Egg Hunt Event

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Egg Hunt Event

So... I'm an antisocial grump, and you may want to take my feedback on this with a strong dose of salt, especially if other players like the event. My opinion often doesn't match the majority's anyway. So, with that disclaimer, here's what I don't like about the event, just from reading the mantis's quest text:

- I need to find one specific small thing in a very large zone. Honestly, just the thought of that makes me feel headachy and grumpy. I'm not good at noticing details, so in my mind, I see myself running over Serbule over and over and over and spinning in circles trying to find things and ... ugh.

- Some eggs are in dungeons. See above for spinning and peering dizziness, plus the dubious joys of being bitten by spiders for every step I take searching.

- I must find all eggs in a zone to get a reward. So, if I can't find the last egg, I'm screwed. If the last egg is hidden behind Ciervos, I'm likewise screwed.

- I must find all eggs in all three zones to get a special reward. See above for "last egg" problems.

- There is a short time limit, and I'm working on Monday. The chances of me locating all 15 eggs on my own in the time I can play are below zero, especially since I'd need to limit my searches to small chunks at a time to reduce frustration.

The solution to all of the above woes is kind of obvious - ask other players where all the eggs are (I assume it's one fixed spot per egg) and ask for a group's help in getting to them. However, that's absolutely not fun for me - if there is an egg hunt, then I want to find the eggs.

I'd been looking forward to the promised egg hunt and I felt really let down when I read the rules. I did a /ragequit after processing the mantis dialog, sulked a bit offline and then came back online determined to ignore the event and level up my alt to war cache level instead. Naturally, I then got trained by someone rushing past me while I was on a difficult pull, presumably on their level 70-buffed way to my dungeon's egg, causing me to die to their train and miss out on the loot ping I heard because I couldn't get back to the body before it despawned. So, har.

Sorry. I appreciate it takes a lot of work to put these events together and I want there to be content that other people enjoy, even if I don't. This one was just hitting all of my buttons.

I'm very happy the game has events and that it's experimenting with new and different events and if other people like the egg event as is, definitely ignore my whining.

What would make the event better for me:

Have more eggs, in random locations, so each player has to hunt their own eggs. Make each egg give a mini reward (chocolate eggs, right? yum!) or maybe have a requirement to collect 5 different eggs out of 10 possible for the best reward, so that you don't have to find every single hiding spot if you suck at finding stuff. Make the dungeon parts optional, or make the event take at least a couple weeks to give a reasonable amount of time to do a dungeon trip.

Actually - speaking of chocolate eggs: Having some egg candy, similar to the Halloween candy would be pretty cool. What I like about egg hunts is finding lots and lots of different stuff and finding it in really weird places. ( If a place is sufficiently weird, I may not think to check it, which is why I want to be able to find eggs in many different spots. Plus, they are laid by bunnies right? And we saw how eggs multiply near bunnies: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ull=1#post5323 )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ignore this one as well just not fun to me; but its fun for some other people and its fine; and most important: this allow to test now event system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll agree to most of that.

What I think would have been better would have been a very localized hunt (All the eggs are in town, or all of them are in a specific Dungeon, etc.).

I also thought that the egg in the PvP dungeon (and the one in the "crack" in Elt) was in a kinda "dickish" spot - I would never have found that in a million years if someone hadn't told me where it was.

I also stayed up late to complete it due to the very short timeline - a week would have been nicer.

That said, it was fun to run around with a group of people and explore some of the dungeons that I haven't made it to yet, and I appreciate the effort that went into getting everything set up. Looking forward to more content like this in the future!
    Last edited by RedSlave; 04-29-2019 at 07:23 AM. Reason: I didn't want to sound so negative, I had fun, really

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSlave View Post
    What I think would have been better would have been a very localized hunt (All the eggs are in town, or all of them are in a specific Dungeon, etc.).
    Yes, I like that idea, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with all of the above, if it wasn't for the book in Serbule library I would not even have started this without a more limited space to search. Also was it intended to be by account or by character, I did Serbule eggs on 1 character and decided it wasn't going to be able to do the higher zones so switched to a different toon, when I handed in Serbule again I got the civic pride xp but not the jellybeans for the gourmand xp. So please in future put in the description if reward is once per account or once per character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree,It took me over an hour to find first egg in Serb,That was the last one I looked for.

Thread Footer