Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few (newb) questions

Hi all,

I just started playing the game not long ago (even though I did pay for it for a while) and I got some questions for the more experienced folks out there, to simply give me an idea on what I should be doing.

Right now i'm playing a sword/mentalism build, having both at level 25 (i think). I'm using mentalism because I like the idea of healing and those 1-minute buffs. So here are my (general) questions:

1. Should i be focusing on a more dps heavy build, like sword archery at these levels?
    2. What is the best build to level up in your opinion, for soloing stuff? What I mean by this is that i want to be able to solo e.g. the mauler in Eltibule and/or other elites, dungeons etc. I did do it once but cannot anymore (critical hits, maybe not enough dps or power to use everything, maybe had a different build, etc).
    3. Are long cooldown abilities worth it? E.g. Decapitate. That 1minute doesn't seem very useful to me compared to Finishing blow for example. Am I wrong?
    4. Any tips on managing your power? I always seem to run out of it too quickly even though I use sword's basic attack. Also using lvl 10-15 meals and snacks. For example, i need to have full power when starting to fight a snail. Otherwise i cannot kill them because of their regeneration.
    5. Am I the only one having 10-12 FPS in any of the dungeons? I've tried all possible graphical adjustments and it doesn't change anything. Even with many players in Serbule i get 30-60 FPS (except when fighting event mobs), but not in dungeons. Unless i'm facing towards the exit (and away from any mobs), it becomes close to impossible to move around and attack properly.
    6. I tried soloing some of the dungeons (in which i can kill the mobs easily) but because of the low FPS and the fact that mobs respawn too quickly i died some of the times. Am I doing something wrong? Should I wait more? It sucks that sword doesn't have a good AOE skill (except the mod for many cuts), at least until now. Am I missing some "secret" tactic for soloing the early dungeons (mainly from Serbule)?
    7. What would you pair fire magic with? I have it at lvl 15 i think, but sword seemed more reliable and less power hungry (also more damage consequently).
    8. What should I be doing in game? I know this is general, but my goal for now is quests. Also doing some meat/skins farming runs. The thing is, i'm close to getting bored and don't want to get there. I would love to level up most skills but it feels a bit cumbersome (i.e. Just killing mobs or running around gathering plants). Any general tips please?
    9. Is it a good idea to level up more fighting skills in the level 1-30 areas first, or just focus on some that I want to use, then come back much later? E.g. I like fire magic, sword, archery(but this is very cumbersome and expensive), knife fighting, mentalism, unarmed. I'd love to try and level Staff too (maybe with fire magic). Psychology seems cool but I couldn't find much usefulness in the skills. Animal handling also seems very nice, but not just yet - the idea is cool but it looks like a waste of an ability bar to have just a rat by your side.
    10. Are animal forms worth pursuing now? Thinking about the werewolf for example but i couldn't find a thorough description of what that entails, anywhere (how the skill level ups go, their damage, resource costs, etc).

Sorry for any typos, i'm on mobile at the moment.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Crusader2010; 04-28-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Thread Footer