Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Skills getting errors and resetting cool down

Hello! I would like to talk about the 3 types of in game "errors" that can occur when in combat that result in your skills not getting used, but the cool down still triggers.

The main Issue:
    These errors cause a cool down of a skill you have not used. The longer the cool down, the more this hurts the player.

1. Target is too far away error. This happens when a monster is walking away as I'm trying to attack it, or when another player knocks back a target while i am trying to hit it. Shouldn't this be fixed with auto targeting/ or just not letting the ability go off?
    2. Error and Accusation of third party accelerator, because I tried to use a skill as soon as it became available. If the game isn't ready for me to use the ability, why in the world does it allow me to click the skill, or use a key bind? (it should go without saying, but I have never used a third party accelerator, and I don't even know what that is.)
    3. You don't have enough power error. This one most notably occurs when you get a lock out status from GK tacticians, or a golem, etc at the same time you are trying to perform an attack. This is impossible to predict in a group, and results in the whole party wasting cool downs.

Each one of these errors takes place when you try to use a skill, and the client doesn't like one of these statuses. That's fine, but why does it trigger the cool down of that skill on top of preventing the skill form taking place.

I play a build that has LONG cool downs, and these errors quite literally kill me. It hurts the most when I have wasted a Res, or even guild res (hour long cool down) because it said I was using a third party accelerator. Phoenix strike, Cosmic strike, and most sidebar skills take up to a minute cool down. When this happens, I either Die, or have to wait a full minute to enter the next round of combat. It has added up to hours of unnecessary cool downs over the years.

Proposed Solution:
    I understand there is coding and reworking to be made for this. In the mean time, is it possible to keep the error message, keep the skill from being used, but PLEASE remove the cool down trigger for skills when this happens.

I have to believe there is intention to fix this eventually, as a full released game cant be expected to yield error messages during every play session.

If there is anything I can do on the player end to help, let me know. I can record instances of this happening if needed, or take screen shots.

Thread Footer