Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing the ONLY piercing attack that wolf has when you pack dungeons with mobs that can ONLY be killed by pierce damage is a HORRIBLE idea. Suddenly there are dungeons you cant even go in anymore.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanzo View Post
    Removing the ONLY piercing attack that wolf has when you pack dungeons with mobs that can ONLY be killed by pierce damage is a HORRIBLE idea. Suddenly there are dungeons you cant even go in anymore.
    This applies to a lot of different skills already. That doesn't stop people from going into Winter Nexus.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    (liek thsoe portals in WN. Wolf/unarmed build has no other way of killing them, iirc).
    Stake the Heart is a side bar option for piercing damage - less convenient and more expensive but the portals don't have a lot of health, so it should be possible to take them down with a single stake. I haven't tried the Winter Nexus specifically but I had a great time soloing the Animal Nexus as cow/unarmed with a bit of staking side damage.

(I don't know enough about werewolves to comment meaningfully on anything else. It seems a bit odd to me that an animal with big sharp teeth doesn't do at least some piercing damage.)

Edit: Spore bombs could be another option for the spy portals.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 04-08-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    This applies to a lot of different skills already. That doesn't stop people from going into Winter Nexus.
    These dungeons are already too hard for the level they are supposed to be done at. Sure you can totally out gear the place but that being a requirement is dumb. The game is already too much about just level up and max all your skills and come back later as it is.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #55
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No combat skill should have access to all three physical damage types. That was an error and will be fixed anywhere it occurs. In general a skill shouldn't use more than three damage types, actually. Certain skills (such as Archery) have access to a wide range of damage types, but those skills have counterbalancing down sides which lycanthropy definitely doesn't have.

Yes, that means sometimes you have to struggle to figure out how to defeat content. Hey, good thing the Winter Nexus is a GROUP DUNGEON right? Almost like one person can counteract the weaknesses of someone else.
    Last edited by Citan; 04-08-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesnt make any sense to me Lycan is a permanent choice with permanent downsides while archery doesnt. Archery already does far more damage than lycan with zero permanent downsides.

It's also not a matter of the one skill but the possible combinations with other skills that makes archery even stronger. Lycan has a very limited number of skills to combine with.
    Last edited by Swanzo; 04-08-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archery one of the broken skills in game access to many different elemental damage, DPS, all very true i can solo Winter Nexus with my archer can solo the WN daily too. Since when making arrows with fletching worse than a 3 day uninterrupted curse being Lycan? I can make arrow boxes anytime i can place them anywhere i want and i can pick them up whenever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citian,

There was mod that added piercing damage to a Hammer skill, Not sure if that is intended or mistake.

Archery is a pain in the butt and most mmos ranged does most dps and archery has always been at the top. They do not need to nerf the damage but maybe the damage type. Poison is good, piercing is good, that should be it. The downside to archery which is permanent is the cost associated with it. Again changes will be made that make people happy and sad, but nothing should make you feel like just giving up. Relax and enjoy the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
    Citian,

There was mod that added piercing damage to a Hammer skill, Not sure if that is intended or mistake.

Archery is a pain in the butt and most mmos ranged does most dps and archery has always been at the top. They do not need to nerf the damage but maybe the damage type. Poison is good, piercing is good, that should be it. The downside to archery which is permanent is the cost associated with it. Again changes will be made that make people happy and sad, but nothing should make you feel like just giving up. Relax and enjoy the game.
    The cost is a minor inconvenience which is not permanent you can switch to a different skill and it will never affect you ever again. Currently the only skill in the game that I can think of a person ever creating a new character over is Lycan because of the downsides. No one would ever create a new character because they took archery. If that is the measure of how powerful a skill should be then Lycan should be the most powerful skill in the game.
    Last edited by Swanzo; 04-08-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tired of seeing all the complaining. Leave archery alone please. You guys complain til you get your way.

Thread Footer