Basically just the title. Throwing ideas out there to keep game-play varied and distinct from other games.

I don't realistically expect any of these items or events to make it into the game, but if we throw enough concepts out there we might be able to pick apart certain concepts and make them into something practical.

The current events are rather... lackluster, in my opinion (less the major festivals) and I think as a community we can come up with something more automated and substantial.

Items:

A new rarity of item - dropping incredibly rarely, that has fixed stats and binds to the player picking it up. I was thinking of items that altar game-play in a significant way, for example:

Note that "cannot be removed" only indicates you'll need to perform some special task to both remove and destroy the item.

Item A) Lycanthrope's Ritual Blade:
- Sword Slash increases Lycan damage by 25% for 15 seconds.
- Parry causes Wolf Form to trigger a regenerative effect if used within the next 10 seconds.
- Finishing Blow resets the cooldown on See Red.
- Increases Sword Damage by 30%
- Treasure generated can now roll modifiers from Lycan, Sword and a chosen secondary. (I.e. Three pools of modifiers).

Item B) Cursed Nose Ring of Bovinity
- Cannot be removed; while equipped your character is always in Cow Form.
- Chew Cud now provides a ~lv20 food buff with a 30 minute duration.
- Your character is immediately set to Vegan status; eating Meat causes your character to get deathly sick.
- You gain +25 armour, +25 health, and +25% threat on all attacks.
- Your maximum beast speech is level is reduced by 15.
- Your humanoid racial bonuses/penalties no longer affect you.

Item C) Staff of Consuming Flames
- Fire Damage is increased by 60%.
- You take 100% of the fire damage you deal (this damage can be mitigated).

Item D) Ring of the Defiler
- Cannot be removed once equipped; can only be equipped by druids & Lycanthropes.
- Prevents access to Druid & Lycan abilities.
- Prevents penalties from Druid & Lycan applying to your character.
- Increases damage dealt by 5%.
- Increases damage dealt to players by 5%, reducing damage taken from players by 20%.
- Druids / Lycans may attack you while their respective events are active.

Item E) Repugnant Belt
- Whenever you're in combat, all enemies take 1% of your maximum HP in damage per second, as do you.

Item F) Belt of the Lost
- Cannot be removed once equipped.
- You deal 5% more damage with all abilities.
- All items you loot are automatically attuned to you.
- You're much more likely to find higher quality loot.
- On death, all equipped items are permanently destroyed.

Item G) Belt of Determined Learning
- Cannot be removed once equipped.
- You gain 25% more combat experience.
- Dying causes you to lose 10% of your active abilities' accumulated experience (for that level); this only occurs if the skill can still gain experience.

Events:

Event A) Turn the Tides
- All Druidic Lycanthropes shapeshift into deer instead of wolves during the fullmoon, during which time they can collect tokens and contribute them to either the Druid or Lycan gods (apologies, I forget their names).
- Contributing sufficient tokens to the lycan god shifts the player from deer to wolf form again; they'll be unable to use druid skills for 3 days after the full-moon.
- Contributing sufficient tokens to the druid god causes deer form to become instant-cast until the next full-moon. (You can only complete one objective).

If the Lycan God receives more tokens from all players, Kur will spawn more wolves than usual; otherwise, more deer will spawn.

Contributing to the same God 3 times consecutively causes:

Druids - Wolf Form is still known, but causes you to shift into a deer instead. Less energy drains while in raven form, and killing wolves grants 1% bonus exp for 15 mins, stacking up to 10 times.

Lycans - You'll no longer be penalised for skipping druid events, but you'll be ineligible to earn or spend blessings.

--

Event B) Witches' Brew

For the duration, monsters rarely drop a Witches' Brew consumable. A recipe purifies the brew (at some expense) so it only applies positive effects; otherwise, it chooses one of 10 effects randomly, such as killing the player or transforming them into harmless animals - the positive effects would provide bonus experience to niche skills, remove curses or provide immunity to illness for an extended period of time.

--

Naturally I've got basically infinite ideas and they're all wildly non-viable, so I'll leave it there for now!