Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Thread: Death penalties
  1. #1
    Member Jarlaxle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    147 (0 Banked)

    Death penalties

    I know that there are currently no penalties for dying over and over unless you choose to turn it on (but who really does?). I think some minor penalties should be implemented whether it be exp gain debuff for a while, or just a minor stat debuff or some exp loss. As it is right now, it seems people just use dying as a way to zerg something to death or as an easy method of transportation (either back to town, rahu, zone entrance, etc). Is it intended to be like this where everyone is just dying left and right because it's easier and more beneficial than not dying?

  2. #2
    Member Vish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Solar system, 3 planet from sun
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    247 (0 Banked)
    not not we just love graveyard everywhere its has noting to do witch some ugly beneficial
    no no
    trus me

  3. #3
    Member Jarlaxle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    147 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    not not we just love graveyard everywhere its has noting to do witch some ugly beneficial
    no no
    trus me
    I know, some areas especially dungeons are literally graveyards where it's hard to fight or click mobs without mourning the nearest tombstone

  4. #4
    Senior Member mrwarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    0 (686 Banked)
    Heh, you should have been around when the 'Enter the Light' portal to Serbule had unlimited use. Also young necros will suicide a lot to make graveyards to summon their minions.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

  5. #5
    Member Deldaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rahu City
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    12 (330 Banked)
    Ugh, I miss the endless death taxi. But I think it's intentional. Dying is super inconvenient in dungeons since you have to start over, but in the wilds you're supposed to be exploring so it's not supposed to be a huge deal. How else would you level death xp if you didn't run naked screaming into the maw of each new beast you discovered.

    As for targeting tombstones - hitting tab or esc tab will help get you to the nearest combatant instead of clicking, but I find this less common in later dungeons since people tend to be more cautious.

  6. #6
    Member Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    79 (151 Banked)
    Yeah, I've got to say please don't implement anything that would cause death to negatively affect the player. That's why we have hardcore mode. My guild is dedicated to casual gaming specifically because a lot of us don't have the hours carved out in our schedule for an intense run like we did when we were teens. I regularly have to get up in the middle of a cave run because of household issues. When I come back I'm dead, but no biggie. I respawn, check where my party is and head that direction. If death started affecting me post-respawn, that would be easily my biggest problem with PG and would affect how much I continue to play.
    In-Game-Name: MadamGanja
    Guildmaster: The Garden (Open Door Policy)

    Skills
    Staff: 41 Bard: 36 FM: 19
    Lycan: 50 AH: 45 UA: 21

  7. #7
    Member Jarlaxle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    147 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Yeah, I've got to say please don't implement anything that would cause death to negatively affect the player. That's why we have hardcore mode. My guild is dedicated to casual gaming specifically because a lot of us don't have the hours carved out in our schedule for an intense run like we did when we were teens. I regularly have to get up in the middle of a cave run because of household issues. When I come back I'm dead, but no biggie. I respawn, check where my party is and head that direction. If death started affecting me post-respawn, that would be easily my biggest problem with PG and would affect how much I continue to play.
    Ughhh yeah hopefully it doesn't get changed then. Or we'd have to be more careful and can't afk in dungeons anymore

  8. #8
    Senior Member Golliathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    121
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    388 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    As it is right now, it seems people just use dying as a way to zerg something to death or as an easy method of transportation (either back to town, rahu, zone entrance, etc). Is it intended to be like this where everyone is just dying left and right because it's easier and more beneficial than not dying?
    It makes the game fun in a way that most games are not.

    Dying can be useful in this game - it's a radically novel approach compared to most other games when dying is always bad and you are punished for it.


    I think death needs no adjustment when there's already a solution that should make you happy - if you want more punishment you can play hardcore.

  9. #9
    Junior Member RedSlave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    58 (0 Banked)
    The only adjustment I would really want is the ability to /hidecorpse to stop rendering any currently existing tombstones.

  10. #10
    Member ProfessorCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    113 (209 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSlave View Post
    The only adjustment I would really want is the ability to /hidecorpse to stop rendering any currently existing tombstones.


    This would be a cool idea for a priest skill.

    Can only cast on others, target leaves no tombstone behind.

    I'll be camped in serb before George events.

    PS: I'm sure hardcore players would love this!



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •