Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread: Price controls
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poulter View Post
    I would rather see a 'don't sell to' feature (like /ignore) where I (as a player-vendor) could decline to sell items to people I deem to be non-desirables e.g. gougers (or even for RP purposes).
    I've been thinking about something similar as a buyer: I'd like to have the option to blacklist some player vendors, so they just don't show up in golem searches for me. I can of course always keep a list myself of who I consider to be a price gouger but it would be handy if the game could do it for me, so I don't waste my time walking over to their shop before remembering that I'm not going to buy from them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always set my prices based off of work order board, and then inflate for convenience cost.

I also fall into the category of an overpriced shop. I am sometimes surprised at how much people are willing to spend, but if I can sell a stack of stomachs for 300k, and someone is willing to spend that much, I will continue to supply my store with them.

I often sell nothing from my shop for days at a time, then come back to a lovely 100k purchase, which then funds my vendor for 2 weeks. If something sells out quickly, then I resupply as quick as I can, and like I said before, I usually raise the price.

An often gripe I see is the availability and cost of fire nibs and explosive runestones. I am under the impression (and I could be wrong) that end game fire magic leveling is supposed to be a challenge, and aren't expected to be gathered by self farming at level 50. Think of the druid or battle chemistry where you need prior levels in other skills to unlock. Perhaps group/guild battle is intended to take place for level 51-70 Fire magic skills. Also note that it only costs favor and gold, same as every other skill, to actually unlock these levels, and you can still deck out a level 70 build with level 50 fire spells. (Funny how retail management has a significant monetary cost, or once again, a secondary skill requirement, meaning its intended for non-early gameplay)

I have never purchased bulk items, and then turned around and sold them in my own store, but I'm inherently not against this either. As a shop owner I've had people do this to me and 2 things can happen.

1. I sell every last one of something I put in stock - for the full price I listed it as. (YAY!)
    2. I can still raise my prices next time I stock this item, and they will sell quickly again. (YAY AGAIN!)

Lastly, sometimes items sit, and I can't sell them after a month or more, and i get tired of paying my shop keeper. I'll either close my shop for a few days, or reduce the price. With all the money I make from my shop, it still only makes up about 10% of my income. The outcome of policing cost in the player stalls is that people will just hoard, and nobody gets any cheese at all.

I cannot wait until players start selling max enchanted yellows - I'm willing to pay a PREMIUM price when this happens
    I couldn't find enough Shamanic pieces back before it was easy to level - I was willing to pay PREMIUM for these items when they weren't available.

Would you rather have NO stomachs for sale before I replenish them for $1999/ea (Regional ProfessorCat Outfitters currently at stall b-9) or would you rather have the option for someone selling them at $3000/ea? If anyone would pay 3k for stomachs, then that's what people will sell them for. You need to blame the demand, not the suppliers.

PS:
    Support your friends in game. When I use the search golem, I don't care nearly as much about price, as I do who's selling it, and I buy from friends I've made, because those are people I dont mind supporting. Leave em a shop note too, those are always fun!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not looking to buy or sell anything right now. I can't think of a single thing I need that I can't get.

Quote Originally Posted by DamageIncorp View Post
    Price controls are not good for the market and actually create dead weight loss.
    There are no monopolies in game.
    Price controls help everyone and no controls benefit rich players the most. Funny how I see so many rich or zero expense players saying please let me continue to charge whatever I want for items in my shop.

You could still sell items out of your shop with price controls. The difference is you would have to waste time manually delivering them. And that's the point; an automated seller with unlimited pricing allows for tremendous afk money making potential with minimal input.

This is a problematic idea as it keeps some people locked out of the market and allows others to put a strangehold on it.

There is of course a more simple idea- just reverse tax all goods sold from vendors. You make the tax scale so that anyone who sells over X amount in a month owes a flat fee before they can run a merchant again. Say you sell a 50,000k scroll for a recipe you got from a lvl 20 boss. Maybe that kicks you up to the "you owe 10k and 5% of last month's total income" tax bracket.

I thought I made the point but let me say : not everything needs a control. Some things like recipes would be easy to do a catch all with a 20x base price.

High commodity trade items like bars, gems, etc would be beyond easy to set a fair price based on what is needed to get them.
    How many bars are there? How many different gem surveys are there? Add in a few specific price points for runes, crystals, vervadium, lace, fey felt, hippo feathers, etc and then see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    neither you nor anybody else has a right to be able to buy things in the market at a given price. Go put up a work order. This is a transitory problem that will go away when the cap is raised.
    I'm not trying to ruffle feathers. This isn't a witch hunt.

I asked a question - what if we made the process softer for everyone. High profit trading would require active attention (read as less automated massive income).

And while you seem so opposed to the idea I noticed that F-25 is empty. Did you move? Did you get bored selling bars? Or did someone push you out?

I hope nobody is thinking what I am thinking but someone could probably ruin the market for everyone (with the words I quoted from you in mind) with the help of about 30 players.
    Last edited by Golliathe; 03-27-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stomach and explosive rune prices have skyrocketed lately, and it seems like it is 100% due to resellers. I would always sell stomachs for 900-1100 based on market and explosive runes between 2500-3000, which had been fairly stable forever. Then I started seeing 10k runes and 4k stomachs. After checking my logs, the same names seemed to always buy me out on those things. And checking their stores showed stacks plus of the items at the goofy rates. Thus normal shoppers never got to even see them for sale at my rate.

So I raised the rates on mine somewhat. Either a reseller will pay me double than what I expect for an item to keep me cleared out, or have to lower their price so their stacks don't gather dust. And as I farm most days, refilling my stocks isn't much of a problem. I've seen others take this tactic as well.

As for doing anything about reselling in general, I don't feel any limits should be put in place. Only suggestion I can think of is maybe have items flagged, so that they can only be listed on a vendor once, like as in it wouldn't even appear on the add to store screen if had been on a vendor before. Or maybe have a sold from vendor tag, so people who use them as storage wouldn't have their items tainted.

At any rate, since items can be infinitely farmed, not many can afford to infinitely buy out others to resell. And definitely not the people I clocked, lol. And as higher prices tend to attract more people to farm/sell themselves, eventually the reselling should take care of itself.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I do feel bad for new player but honestly even if I wasnt maxed in cheesemaking and starting from square one I would just boycott shops like these and spend more time grinding I am already doing this Any shop I see selling stomachs for 2-4k I never buy anything from I know it wont hurt them when most of these cu*** sit on million much but hopefully it gives them a good sense of lose every dam time they pay rent I would courage every noobyies to do the same even if there progression slows down dont be cash cows for these fks

Ps: The only exception to my boycott is me buying large prism from people like hardrock but if they spike to 800-1k I will boycott those shops as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    And while you seem so opposed to the idea I noticed that F-25 is empty. Did you move? Did you get bored selling bars? Or did someone push you out?
    Wemedge undercut me below my replacement cost (base materials + effort) and "stole" the daily market on the popular ilmari slabs. I was still selling enough to get by, but it also coincided with me finishing everything, so I decided to take a month off. I'll bring the shop back in a week or two, still figuring out how much I want to charge while I wait for my shop cost to decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCat View Post
    I have never purchased bulk items, and then turned around and sold them in my own store, but I'm inherently not against this either.
    I'd have this happen to me when selling sulfur and saltpeter. The buyer made no attempt to hide himself, and I'm pretty sure he lost on the transaction as trying to control that market is just a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wemedge View Post
    Stomach and explosive rune prices have skyrocketed lately
    You quit for a good period and that was when the market went haywire (for runes, at least). Not that I'm berating you one bit, but there was a correlation with your drop in supply and an increase in price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask anyone that has taken a basic course in economics about supply vs demand and equalibrium price. This is just no.....

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    For instance, in the future shopkeepers might be able to offer frequent-buyer discounts that reward repeat customers. Shopkeepers might also be able to set up raffles contingent on purchase: "Buy any _____ and automatically be entered for a chance to win _________!" The shop system was designed to have little features like this added in pretty easily, and they'll eventually let shopkeepers be really creative.
    There will be more features added to the shopkeeper system. There could be some addressing a "need before greed" vision, such as:

• Discount to your guildmates, to players that grouped with you, or in you friend list.
    • Discount for the first items of a given type bought by players (so that occasional buyers always get a lower price).
    • Higher price for designated players.

(Please refrain from criticizing these ideas, I just want to illustrate the fact that the system will evolve toward customization)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heyas,

I think the market if fine and these players with 10-100m have been playing for years and years, they earned it. I survey a ton...no really like 5k a month. I enjoy doign it. I also post my gems on C2 for 200 per. This is not gouging, this is what i know is fair market value. Other may buy me up and sell for 400, by the tim ehis gems sell i have sold 1000 more gems at 20 per. Stomachs i post for 1k , other stuff i post just less than what arket vaue is.

One guy next to my vender had his gems at 160..... I bought all of them and put them up for 200. That is fair. The market will balance out over time and the bigger the population gets. This happen in every game.

In WOW i owned the ore market and paid player 50k for 20 bags of ore and sub contracted out deeds i needed done. The market was fine with it. I bought every single ore out , even if it was higher thn me because i woudl still make money. PG has to few players for the market to be stable. We have seen a jump in player online and i have see prices lower, Nice Plhog was 150-200 2 weeks ago, now I see it low as 90.

We just need to give the game time to grow and the market will follow in stride

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price of nice phlog skyrocketing simultaneously on a few constant vendors of it a few weeks ago the day before the free rolls period is just a sign of the state of the players vendor stalls. In general i can't sell stuff at reasonable prices to help out newish player progress in a game but instead got people buying out everyone and asking stupid prices for items. Before most shops where like Wemedge's prices, healthy market people selling their goods and everyone profiting flourishing from it now it's just a greed frenzy with price controlling.

Thread Footer