Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Heya!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heya!

Good evening everyone!

Old MMO veteran here who was replaying Runescape for a while the other day and decided to see if there were any similar MMOs and here I find myself.

I suppose what's initially drawn me to check the game out are the various skills, pathology, psychology etc.

Is there anything you think that a newbie such as myself should do first? Any skill to really jump into off the bat?

Anyways, hopefully it will be a nice change from WoW! I look forward to playing with all of you come April! and reading all of your advice!

<3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Kalicu! Welcome to Project Gorgon. If you enjoy Runescape I think you'll enjoy this game too.

As a newbie, take your time and explore the game when you start out.

One super big hurdle for new players is that you'll be picking up lots of items, but you'll quickly run out of space. If you right click an item and select "More info", you can get an idea of what the item is used for.

My advice would be to keep items that you think will be helpful in the near future (Ex. For crafting skills you're interested in) and sell the others. If you think an item might be useful for crafting but you won't be doing it in the near future, try selling it to players or ask in chat if it's valuable.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Kalicu, welcome to Project: Gorgon

Skills you shouldn't ignore, butchering, skinning, foraging, mycology (picking mushrooms), cooking and alchemy.

You should try to workout which NPC you should build favor with, those that have storage for you, or train skills you are working on, are the ones to learn which items they like. The More Info/gifting on items will let you know about who likes what, also small talk with NPC to find out likes and dislikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like great advice! I suppose I have a lot of wikipedia reading to catch up on!

Is necromancy one of the skills I will have available to me? I really enjoyed it in EQ2 and I thought pathology and Necromancy would be pretty interesting together.
    "Pain is an illusion of the senses, despair an illusion of the mind."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. There's Necromancy. There's also the ability to be a cow, spider, deer, pig, werewolf, bat and other critters.

On the wiki, read up on favor. Favor is real important. You'll want to get favor up with certain NPCs in Seb to get access to skills and storage.

Also, start working up civic pride. That takes awhile to get to useful levels. Info on that is available on the wiki too.

One thing to keep in mind, learning a skill doesn't mean you have to unlearn other skills. If you spend the time and effort, you can learn em all.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to learn necromancy early on, you will need to ask for help from other players - obtaining the skill requires you to kill a boss in the Serbule Crypt that is going to be beyond your ability to solo for quite a while. Just ask for help in game chat; there's nearly always someone on who'd be willing to take you.

And welcome to the game!

Thread Footer