Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Title Ideas! Unsanctioned Church of Ormorek

Since they reopened the shop, I need to redeem the Hoarse Lord thing for a title. Probably the best use of it is to promote the small, but arguably growing unsanctioned and unwanted (By Ormorek) Church of Ormorek. Here's the idea:

The First Reformed Church of Ormorek, Reconstituted, is dedicated to carrying out the lore of worshipping Ormorek, God of Bitterness, in ways that are more .... in the spirit of Project Gorgon's players. For example, if Ormorek is the God of players that quit, with just a little nudge from Arisetsu, he could very naturally be the God of inevitably getting sucked back in and trying again. By this logic, the best way to worship Ormorek is to respawn and run screaming back into combat with George the Kraken. Also by this logic, PG's players are well on the way to transforming Ormorek into the God of Suicidal Respawns.

The Lore of the Church (As overheard by Rappanel the bard, late at night in a tavern) goes something like:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rappanel
    So, what if Gods that fell in war, but survived, are like, you know, dried food? They're all shruken and pruney, like jerky or raisins.

BUT! With the right worship, continually and mercilessly inflicted on them, fallen Gods can be Reconstituted!

So Ormorek is like.... a raisin, where if you soak it in enough beer, cause Dwarves like beer, it gets all full and you get... a God of something else.
    Much later, some reports of ad-hoc, and poorly thought out prayers to Ormorek have been reported:
    Quote Originally Posted by Firaki
    There's three overseers right there, but I'm respawning for Ormorek anyway.

That he may grow from his pruney shruken self into a new being of Enjoying It While You Can, like one of those bath eggs that grows into an awesome dinosaur.

Amen.
    So, that's the basic idea!

Does anyone have suggestions for a good title for the unacknowledged, unwanted, frequently inappropriate, but very persistent followers of Ormorek, whether he likes the idea or not?

Some titles discussed so far:

• Ormorek's Parole Officers
    • Ormorek's Cheerleaders
    • Unwanted Child of Ormorek
    • Self-Identified TransDwarf of Ormorek
    • Unsolicited Solicitor of Ormorek

Please offer suggestions, and give a shout to Clip in game if you'd like to join the "Church." (Or just start claiming to be an Ormorek follower. It's not like this is any kind of sanctioned.) Absolutely no in-game benefits come with it at all. You know you want to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Respawning Soldier of Ormorek

Repaired Sword of Ormorek

Ormorek's Own and He Can Just Damn Well Deal With it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugmak View Post
    Ormorek's Own and He Can Just Damn Well Deal With it.
    Lol'd at that one! I wonder if there's a length limit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still need to figure out the best title for the Priests that Won't Go Away Even if Ormorek Tells Them to Go Away, but saw this today in chat!

19-03-24 18:23:58 [Global] Deathkon1: im never doing gk during this event ever again its f****d my loot
    19-03-24 18:24:07 [Global] Deathkon1: blues out the a**
    19-03-24 18:26:14 [Global] Clip: Deathkon1, is it okay if I start referring to you as the high priest of Ormorek? You've kinda got it dialed in.
    19-03-24 18:27:20 [Global] Swanzo: are you saying he is like a raisin?
    19-03-24 18:27:40 [Global] Clip: Yes, that is precisely what I'm saying! Someone gets it!
    Progress! Ormorek's Word* is spreading!

(*May or may not be actual Words from Ormorek, but it's very likely that he has said some of those words in some order, at some point in the past.)

Another possible title?
    • Totally a Real, Not-Pretend Priest of Ormorek
    Last edited by gchristopher; 03-24-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fantastic, love the idea. I cracked up at his unwanted child.

my contribution: Omorek's Raisin.

He's also the god of self-doubt so something in that vain would be funny as well. Keep up the good work! Or get sick of it and quit, I don't care I'm over it. I'm not qualified to have an opinion on this anway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Un-Undead of Umorek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umorek's Death Spawner

Thread Footer