Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
If you're unhappy about crits, the questions to answer are: Who was involved (levels, general combat skills type info), what did you fight, what did you do to counteract all that the surprise damage (I assume your team had sidebars full of healing/support abilities, for instance... so were those not good enough? Not fast enough to use?). I need to know how you tried to adapt to the problems, and why it was still unfairly difficult. Help me to understand the issues.
The issue is with troopers in GK. I have a relatively fully modded cow tank with 800 HP and 1000 armor. I go into GK with fire resist meditation (-20% damage), and stoneskin/fire shield pots. These things can almost one shot me with a crit rage attack. People may complain about the ranged interrogators, but most people with 600+ armor shouldn't get one shot by those.

Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
RE: mezzes and DoTs: mezzes are supposed to ignore DoTs because, until recently, most DoTs lasted 15+ seconds, often lasting 30 seconds... making mezzes useless if even a single group member used DoT effects. Finding the right power curve for DoTs has been extremely challenging, and I didn't feel like DoTs needed the extra stigma of "don't use DoTs asshole, you'll break mezzes". Now that all DoTs are 12 secs or less, it starts to make more sense, but I still worry they would break too many mezzes.
One of my solo builds is fire/ice. I can go super fireball (dot) > fire breath (dot) > freeze solid. That isn't my entire volley, but then I can just wait around for my cooldowns to refresh and heal myself. It feels like cheating. Note: soloing at a range works best because then you don't have to deal with trooper rage crits.

-----

Re taunt: My cow/unarmed deadly emission does something akin to (900 damage + 1100 taunt) * 325% taunt mods (1 on cow & 2 unarmed), so a little over 6k in equivalent damage, with my infuriating fist doing about 6k too. I remember Yaffy saying his unarmed/shield does about the same in aoe and a 12k single target. I'm surprised to see people complain about this, one of my complaints is how hard it is for your average person to make a tank build. It requires a bunch of taunt and mitigation mods, such that tanking is a luxury rather than a core position. I honestly believe there are fewer than 10 real tank builds on the server, maybe even 5.