Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: About Archery
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Archery

Hey guys, im a new player (trying the demo) and this game looks awesome, now, i always start with archers on every new game i try, and this is not the exception.

Now, i've archery lvl 15 but my dmg is really poor (i think it's bc the bow), im using the one u get on the first island and i dont know how to get a better one to kill stronger mobs, any idea or NPC that cud sell me a better bow for that archery lvl?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you want to get a better bow you probably need to focus on Treasure Effects that match abilities you have.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhauro View Post
    Now, i've archery lvl 15 but my dmg is really poor (i think it's bc the bow)
    Your damage is based on the abilities you use, not your specific weapon. Upgrading your bow can help if it increases the damage your abilities do, but it's not going to increase your damage more than getting a better ring or a better pair of gloves.

One thing you may want to try is right-clicking on your ability bar, and checking out what archery abilities you have available and making sure that you are using the highest level ability available to you. You will gain new abilities automatically as you level but I believe in the case of archery it will not automatically upgrade the abilities currently on your hot bar since you may not have the arrows required for your new ability. Higher level archery abilities require better arrows, so learning fletching and carrying the appropriate arrows around is pretty much the key to archery damage.

Also, there are a number of NPCs that will teach you additional archery abilities for a fee. Archery has 5 different trainers pre-50 - you don't need to learn all the abilities from everyone but you may want to talk to people and check out their training menu and see if one of the abilities looks appealing enough to pay their training fees.

And welcome to the game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Archery is in the top tier of damage output skills with excellent crowd control, but it does require the 'right' combination of mods to perform well. (Weapons are mainly 'stat' sticks that you 'mod').

There are 3 typical builds: solo with crowd control, AOE & Elemental damage.

My personal preference for the core attacks are: Aimed shot, Mangling shot (& Long shot or Heavy shot). Mod the fist 2 attacks & archery shines.

A support /healing skill such as Mentalism, Bard, Druid, Psychology, Priest, etc. are good matches with Archery.

Thread Footer