Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explosive Runes need to drop from 55-70

I realize we are playing in a non complete state but it has always bothered me that the state of fire magic is basically one of two choices.

1. Farm runestones using a geared lvl 70 character (while not using fire magic).
    2. Pay about 10k each when you need about 45 ERs.

If nothing else this can serve as a warning to people who are thinking about fire magic. You will likely do what I did.... get to 50 fire not having too much trouble getting the materials and then decide to change to not play fire anymore.

Since the plateau changes I see fewer permanent farmers up on the ledge and this makes me happy. For one thing the content up there is essentially fodder and I can fight 5-6 at a time with no problem. But more relevant I see fewer people trying to make a living by making noobs pay for things they need - that drives me crazy. I suspect this will make the people who really want to fire go up there and farm no matter what and those who thought fire was a passing interest will just keep walking past to a different class.

With that in mind I would like to offer a few suggestions:

A. Have some of the mobs who can drop 55 gear occasionally drop a runestone (last boss in wolfcave/Kur tower/ flame puck in WN) strike me as good options as they can drop up to lvl 55 gear). Im not sure that you can do this but maybe you could weight this so that people killing the boss with fire magic have a 1% better chance at getting a runestone (which may in fact bump the drop rate up to 2%)?

B. Offer level 55 fire mages a quest or two so that they can get a few of their spells. I can imagine one of these being something like: kill 10 fireworms in the Ilmari desert with the finishing blow being a fire spell or burn tick (pennoc can make you get a finishing blow on a pig with a kick so this should be a thing that can be done). Another example I can come up with quickly is burn enemies while fire magic is equipped to the tune of 25,000 fire burning damage. If I were designing things I would make both quests be available at 55 with the reality being that the player will likely not finish them until they are actually almost done with fire (and hence reward with 2 runestones each).

C. There should be something in the sewers that allows a player to earn a runestone? I'm thinking one of the goblins in the goblin area can maybe offer a quest for 10-20 Xendrite (Which I have seen selling for 1k each recently) and he rewards you with a runestone.

Closing thoughts:

Essentially I would like to see some small slight change so that fire isn't pay out 450k or gtfo. But with that in mind I don't want people to be able to easily pretend to be devoted fire mages to reap a nice 20k bounty from some easy quests either. I know there are many things that need to get fixed and with this post I'm just adding a +1 to the list.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tired hunting the blue drakes in Ilmari? They drop runestones, in Labyrinth runs I've seen runestones drops and also killing rakks. The state of the ER being 10k is just utter greed from some players trying to control the market, ER shouldn't be more than 3-3.5k each.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated above, the runestones DO drop in level 55 areas. I have found plenty of runestones and faded books in Ilmari.... magic sand though.....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    As stated above, the runestones DO drop in level 55 areas. I have found plenty of runestones and faded books in Ilmari.... magic sand though.....
    I have all my level 70 spells but I am missing some of the lower ones (you can somewhat cheat the system with a bit of luck and ingenuity).

My point is that access to runes is poorer than it should be. From what I can tell books sand and runes are on the same table and it is complete luck as to which ones you get.

As for labs.... last I heard that dungeon was broken with pulling through the floor mechanics (just like good old everquest's Plane of Hate).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    As for labs.... last I heard that dungeon was broken with pulling through the floor mechanics (just like good old everquest's Plane of Hate).
    I've run multiple labs groups, and have not encountered that.

And I am under the impression advanced player-vendor options are in the pipe line. Players who are selling stuff with the motivation of getting goods out to the needy will be able to set a "buying cap" of X of an item per week (or day) to an individual player account. As if, if you price things a little low, some people will just buy everything and re-sell it. Or they'll hoard it. The way to combat high prices is to flip it for less profit, flooding the player stall market via the work order board.

Additionally, to show there is player interest in what I am calling advanced player vendor options, you should suggest what I described above. If Citan sees enough people are asking for it, it'll might be implemented sooner than later. I do not believe the average player has a vendor, but enough active players rely on them for goods.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    That was a bug where people in animal form who received knockback effects could clip through corners and fall into the void and die. It's been fixed for a while though so there's no need to worry about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have people been buying up runestones at a low price and selling at 10k? I've seen this happen with the lower items, specifically sulfur and saltpeter, but I was thinking the explosive runestone shortage was a lagged result of Wemedge not farming for a couple months. This marketplace, only constituting 30-40 dedicated vendors, is far from perfect and shortages happen. I mean, grasgot is 1800+ each.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grasgot 1400-1500, sirine 1500, provolone 2600, runestones 2700-3300, nice phlog 100-110, that's where prices should be, but then you got a few people snatching everything up, driving prices way up because they are sitting on millions and got no regards for people struggling to make it, if someone is buying cheese it's mainly because they are not able to make it so why incur extra costs on the little guy? Do they enjoy doing it? Maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's ice magic materials compared to fire magic? From looking at the wiki, it seems that for newer players, the materials are harder to get, but would it be correct to say that at a higher level, it's easier to get ice magic materials than fire magic? I'm very new to the game, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically, do the same complaints apply to ice magic in any way?
    Last edited by Erkni; 03-11-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkni View Post
    How's ice magic materials compared to fire magic? From looking at the wiki, it seems that for newer players, the materials are harder to get, but would it be correct to say that at a higher level, it's easier to get ice magic materials than fire magic? I'm very new to the game, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically, do the same complaints apply to ice magic?
    Even if ice was as popular as fire, probably not. Orcish spell pouches (analogue to runestones) have no corresponding recipe (runestones are used to make mercury) and tundra lichen and ice cores are super common. If you pay more than 1k for any of the ice magic recipe items aside from nibs and glowy yellow crystals, you're being fleeced.

Thread Footer