Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling support lines is a chore

I've just unlocked Mentalism and wanted it to pair with Pig, but it just takes ages to kill even 1 enemy on my level.

Is it intended as part of "chose what skills you want" that you can't pair 2 support skill lines with each other without suffering from sub-par damage?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p1881 View Post
    Is it intended as part of "chose what skills you want" that you can't pair 2 support skill lines with each other without suffering from sub-par damage?
    I'm not sure if it's intended, but it certainly seems reasonable to me that picking two support skills would require sacrificing some damage.

If it were me i'd either:
    1. Level up in a party or
    2. Equip a more damage-oriented skill along with the support skill while you level it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with having a truly open, skill based system is that it allows for sub-optimal pairing, I'll leave it to others to verify/validate if that is the case in this instance.

As @alleryn mentioned you might find a better experience grouping or find a combat skill for solo play and maybe alternate the other two support skills.

That said, my play style is a bit odd because of my hours and is still sporadic at best. I've played solo the majority on my time just because I don't want to have to randomly bail on a group. I've leveled some odd combinations, usually playing below my level and sometimes dying a lot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another thing i forgot to mention is that when you say "your level" you should consider that this is really tied to the level of your skills. If you dropped a level 50 skill for a level 10 skill, you'll almost definitely want to fight some easier mobs.

Still, taking advantage of a second skill 25 levels (this is the cap for ability-level difference) higher makes it much faster to level up skills than when you are just starting out. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by alleryn; 08-21-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: then --> than

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just unlocked Mentalism and wanted it to pair with Pig, but it just takes ages to kill even 1 enemy on my level.

All about the grind skills dont really get good till 50-70 depending on the skill also as someone as mentioned if you are doing support and not pure dps of course you going to not do as much damage as you would like

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Project Choregon has no sympathy for early levels, especially support skills. Best option I have found is to use a higher level combat skill (with decent dmg + mods on main gear) and lower level spells to enable use with a new skill. You have an advantage using your normally equipped mods, especially if they have DOT/AOE effects, to grind your secondary skill.

edit: All of this is moot if you are a new player. In that case, enjoy the long road ahead, and happy hunting!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pigment is not a figment.

Hiya!

I enjoy playing Pigment. It is probably best however for group play, not solo, as it really needs someone else providing damage. Although I have the skills at 70+, I haven't fully explored the possibilities, but they look so fun, especially when we get "charged pig" form. If you're beating your head on a wall trying to solo level support skills, well... it's your head. You can stop any time.

I used unarmed to level both pig and mentalism. So that's my suggestion--look into using unarmed with your pig skills. Unarmed/Pig is a great combo. Being able to switch damage/support skills will make it easier to get around in the end.

Remember, there is an easy way and there's your way. Good journeys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daguin View Post
    Project Choregon has no sympathy for early levels, especially support skills. Best option I have found is to use a higher level combat skill (with decent dmg + mods on main gear) and lower level spells to enable use with a new skill. You have an advantage using your normally equipped mods, especially if they have DOT/AOE effects, to grind your secondary skill.

edit: All of this is moot if you are a new player. In that case, enjoy the long road ahead, and happy hunting!
    Still weird that having 2 damage skill lines will grant you some sort of synergy to kill stuff even faster, while having 1 support line you almost automatically sacrifice that synergy, as now you need a strong damage line that can solo carry your support line.

Additionally leveling a Beast form limits that even further due to limited compatibility with other skill lines.

And if your advice is to use a high level damage line to carry my support line, that just speaks volumes about the pitfalls of even having a support line active, especially if your damage line is around the same level as your support one.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem is more level rather than mentalism being a "support" skill. Mentalism's initial abilities may be geared towards healing, but it has several damage dealing abilities hidden away on a trainer, plus a crafting skill that will increase overall damage done. Add in some mods as you get more gear, and you should be doing just fine on dps. Leveling and getting gear takes time of course, so if you are feeling impatient, you can try leveling mentalism with a higher level combat skill as has been suggested above.

I don't have a great deal of experience with either pig or mentalism, but FWIW, my husband has been playing pig/mentalism and loving it. He's been 70 for a few weeks now and it's still his favorite skill combo. (And yes, he solos, too.)
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 08-21-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still weird that having 2 damage skill lines will grant you some sort of synergy to kill stuff even faster, while having 1 support line you almost automatically sacrifice that synergy, as now you need a strong damage line that can solo carry your support line.

Additionally leveling a Beast form limits that even further due to limited compatibility with other skill lines.

And if your advice is to use a high level damage line to carry my support line, that just speaks volumes about the pitfalls of even having a support line active, especially if your damage line is around the same level as your support one.
    It's not a pitfall if you are using the support skill to support yourself or others. You trade off damage for the ability to stay alive and fight longer. You don't need a high damage skill to carry, but you will level faster if you are killing more things more quickly. It sounds like you would benefit from group play for leveling purposes.
    Last edited by Daguin; 08-21-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Thread Footer