Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any estimate or information on full release date?

I checked Steam and it said the Steam release was March 13, 2018 and it would leave Early Access in a year or so, so I was curious how close we were given it's been almost a year now.

I know Dev time runs into unexpected issues, so I don't mind if it takes way longer but was just curious.

(Btw I did check the FAQ at the top of the forum but it seems there's only 3 questions in that link?)

Thanks! Excited and hopeful for this awesome game's future.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LightNovelFan View Post
    I checked Steam and it said the Steam release was March 13, 2018 and it would leave Early Access in a year or so, so I was curious how close we were given it's been almost a year now.

I know Dev time runs into unexpected issues, so I don't mind if it takes way longer but was just curious.

(Btw I did check the FAQ at the top of the forum but it seems there's only 3 questions in that link?)

Thanks! Excited and hopeful for this awesome game's future.
    Well, since nobody official has responded yet, you can have my totally unofficial guess: I think it may take another year. The game development is more about reaching specific development goals than a deadline, so as far as I know, fairies, dwarves, orcs, mounts and housing are all still supposed to happen before release. There is still level 50 content that needs to be added or revamped. If weather witching is going to be done before release, we need a weather system in all zones, which will probably require more graphics optimizations. It's possible Citan has all of this ready to go and is just waiting for one tiny piece to be ready that will make all that other stuff drop into place at once. I still think any release is at least 6 months out, and quite likely more.

There was a dev post a bit ago that doesn't talk about the release directly but has some comments on the development speed: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ll=1#post14399 .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 September will be good date
    kids will go to school and we can play

sorry for off topic, I just could not hold back

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Play for today

Tagamogi's link to Citan's recent comments on development provides the most current information.

The release target has been mentioned to be early 2020, but realistically there is lots of development needing to happen between now and release. So it will possibly be longer than that. Some things cannot be rushed. There's no published roadmap and things will happen when they do.

I suggest play for today. Enjoy yourself! There's way more to do than you can finish between now and the official release. I suspect that playing to play will be way more fun than preparing for whatever happens at release.

~( '. ')~
    Last edited by Greyfyn; 03-08-2019 at 07:59 PM.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Realistically I don't think we are launching this year. There are lots of contracted deliverables needed, and those deliverables have often involved delays and time overruns, so I have to assume there will be more... and right now, a 2019 launch seems unlikely.

But "launch" is just a milestone. Hmm, how to put it... how about this: remember World of Warcraft's crafting at launch? Probably not, because it was abysmal, boring, and 100% pointless. But it was "complete": WoW shipped with a crafting system, and mounts, and character customization, and everything else it was obligated to have. Then their live team spent years making those bare-bones implementations not-sucky. (Edit: with arguable success in some cases... WoW's crafting system is probably not a good example here. )

So when I say we aren't launching in 2019, it's because there are certain big-ticket features (like mounts, housing, other playable races) that I feel have to be included to consider the game "complete", and only some of those will be ready this year. But delays give us time to flesh out the rest of the game, rework systems that suck, and generally make the game better BEFORE we launch, instead of after.

I'm not in a huge hurry to launch the game in a bare-bones-but-technically-complete state. I think these delays can be a little bit of a blessing in disguise, allowing us to add more content, systems, interactions, and fun stuff, before we pronounce the game "finished".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. I totally agree. So many gamemakers rush their incomplete games and then do DLCs or patches to fix it. It's nice to see a developer who genuinely wants to ship a true, complete product.

Plus it gives us lots more time to test out features and work through bugs or kinks and just make it an even better experience for players to come

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update, Citan!

I was just thinking: If the PG release gets pushed back far enough into 2020, I will have played Gorgon longer in a pre-release state than I played WoW after its release. I like that idea.

I'm watching for the release date pretty anxiously because of the associated wipe and because I like to plan for stuff like that. But I'll survive and I don't mind if Project: Gorgon stays in pre-release for another decade (although I don't think it will take quite that long. ). Watching the game grow so far has been an awesome experience and I'm really glad I started playing when I did and didn't wait for that "release" label. The game hit the "fun" milestone years ago, and that's what matters most to me.

Thread Footer