Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements First Post!
    I think up to 20 bag slots is okay. But just for subscriptions.

A friendly Ursala style pet could be nice.
    Something to shave 6 hours off of one hang out once a week.
    I would like to be able to mail items to a specific storage, so that I dont need to run back to 3 zones after farming. But this should probably be an everyone thing.
    Dyes for mounts could work. Or mount clothes. Hell, or maybe silly outfits for pets. Everyone knows pet rats need hats.
    Special particle effect side buffs on weapons/armor.
    Illusions that do not effect favor.
    Bestowable titles are great. Something one player can give to another player is nice. a title of "friend of a friend of PG" would be funny.
    Maybe a grow/shrink ability.

But the question is, if purchasable are in game through other means, does this make it Pay to Win?
    EQ2's model would be... "special delux expansion buyers get X, but at the end of the quest line, everyone gets X anyway but in a different hue". Not really a fan of their system. It feels like loyalty exploitation to me.

Path of Exile has the best model, the main thing they offer is storage and not inventory space and fashion. I don't know if that works here. The shared account storage I believe is already coded for 100 inventory slots and being able to pay to make it go from 4 to maybe 15 slots is something I would not do, but its probably less impactful than +20 extra slots per character.

quick edit, GW2 has storage and inventory slots players can buy, and I really don't hear anyone claiming it is pay to win. I'm not quite sure why some people think any +inventory in PG would turn it towards the darkside.
    Last edited by Mbaums; 03-06-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    2. We are trying our best to avoid any "pay-to-win" type scenarios on in-game items/services.
    Perhaps Jackencola can elaborate. My guess is that if something can be obtained in game with minimal effort (though not necessarily from day one), or it can be obtained by buying another account (ex: character slots), then it's not "pay-to-win".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy PG mostly because its NOT P2W
    there is no Extra inventory slot for money
    no extra character slot for money
    there is no 'supper upeer hiper' hi textured and detailed and flashing Mounts (i like that this game DON'T HAVE Mounts and i hope that i will not see any for a long time)

I like that if i buy game i will get exactly the same thing that other buyers of game

SO if u target is fully not P2W game then u should avoid as many thing as u can.
    There are teens of MMO that have it (cash for inventory, character slot, longer buff, extra exp, account inventory slots, mounts, etc)
    PG i unique because it unique and don't have any those pseudo not p2w microtransation
    PoE (Path of Exile) may be good reference, just remember that because it f2p is need more money (many players that don't sped even one $) they mostly earn money from 'inventory slot category'

And yes i know game need money and one time buy in not enough but if u do to much in microtransacion then all those gamer that don't like those microshitransation dont buy PG and those that like it or they do not care have tons of similar game to paly

What i suggest:

In-game stuff; if u really really need money so badly to developed game:
    skinks for animal forms (there are many species of pigs and cow)
    few cosmetics stuff for all unlockable race (fairy, troll)
    some cosmatic change in skill look line eg. dark (black) Ice Nova / Tundra Spikes and bloody zombie/skeleton for necromancy (normal skeleton and zombie bud red colored)

Real life stuff like T-shirt, backpacks, wallets, hats :P
    maybe some figurines / miniatures (1-2 for each playable race)
    something similar to those Discword miniatures but PG ones

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Vish; 03-06-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna tank top i can wear in real life with the logo.
    Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements First Post!
    Well I personally would love mounts, inventory, faster run speed, and housing (enjoy decorating)…. Maybe some skin appearances for pets and animal forms? Spotted pig or all black cow? Pots online for changing out of things or helping lessen some of those nasty boss fight curses that go wrong? Teleportation would be nice too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see quality of life improvements

More gear/combat loadouts (nightz idea)
    Additional character slot(s)
    Opportunity to remove druid or lycan?
    And anything visual. Skins, animal dyes, hairdos, mustaches, etc.

If there's not already plans for visual augmentation, then a scroll that unlocks the skill? It could work just like augments. Choose the helm you want to change the shape of. Sacrifice the helm you want it to look like, pay 35 phlog and 35 baubles, and show off your new level 70 yeti mask.

Anything that makes us shiny and sparkle. A hat that gives us the torch status, boots that give an aura like Phoenix strike/bramble skin. Glowy pieces we could then augment visually.

More ways to customize how we look. There's a lot of great cohesive sets you spent a lot of time building, and everyone runs around with hodge-podge builds that look like barf. Let us show off YOUR game!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that occured to me today is player lead events. What if a guild could buy a kraken that they could deploy at a time and place of their choosing for a fun event?

Another idea involves death. I love the epitaph idea, and have one to add. Instead of respawning or entering the light, what if you could stay behind as a ghost for a bit. You could just fly around through walls scaring people knocking stuff off tables lol. Just a thought.

You could also utilize the social media element of this forum. The accounts are already tied together, right? So maybe VIP members get their own forum, can start their own blogs, see the in-game chat, etc..
    In-Game-Name: MadamGanja
    Guildmaster: The Garden (Open Door Policy)

Skills
    Staff: 41 Bard: 36 FM: 19
    Lycan: 50 AH: 45 UA: 21

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    • Extra character slots.
    • Extra account-wide transfer chest slots.
    • Offline transportation, similar to hangouts: after N minutes offline, your character is moved to one of several possible destinations at the next log in.
    • Your own personal kobold attendant that collects the trash you dropped on the ground behind you and disposes of it.
    These are basically pay to win options.

1. More character slots means more vendor cash per week and more industry work orders per month. Industry is not hard once you can craft well; I got 2 characters to industry 46/47 in under two weeks of mild effort. One of them had no combat skills over level 8 - just to put things into perspective. This could only ever be fair if you LOST money on vendors and got it back when you got your 6-8 character slots all factioned out with all the different merchants (and were still capped at 4x work orders per item per month). With the right skills and know how you can get ~ 1 million per month via industry with 4 characters.

2. Extra account wide transfer chests are more storage. More storage is a huge advantage.

3. Transportation may seem minor but you know what it does? It becomes a force multiplier when considering industry. This becomes more money per minute played.

4. Collection robots are a huge advantage and although you are talking about trash in this case it becomes a slippery slope to what you see in a game like black desert where you dont even loot corpses as your pet birds or w/e do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    [LIST][*]Access to my character database entry: items currently equipped, storage unlocked and its content, favor with NPCs, flags and quests completed etc. Anything I can check by myself logging in, but available offline.[*]Same for guilds, although the multiplayer aspect can be an issue.[*]Your choice of display for items: they can have several choices rather than only one today, and you can execute an action in game that makes you choose one of them rather than the default. For example:
    • Give shoddy cloth the graphic of decent.
    • Give hammers/sword/.. obtainable in a dungeon the graphic of any other that can be obtained there.
    • Your very own tombstone epitaph (Can the engine support it? Come on, it's 14-years old now, surely it can write).
    These are some pretty good examples of pay to have convenience/cosmetics that offer no real in game advantage.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Deleted by OP.
    Last edited by Niph; 03-08-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    These are basically pay to win options.
    In the opening post, it was asked to share ideas on what you would like to see in the shop. Not what you DONT want to see. What's worse, is you're quoting someone else's ideas, and saying "I think this idea is bad because I don't want to see it in the shop." That's not what this thread is about, and it's also not what this community is about.

It frustrates me to see so much negativity in the forums, and unfortunately, the vast majority of players who are satisfied with the direction of this game tend to be the silent ones.

I hope that we all can let the Devs make the final decisions on what ideas they filter; for this topic, and all topics/updates to come. So far they've been trusted with creating an in game experience that you and I keep coming back to. Let's try and be more positive with our feedback, and less destructive. We're all on the same team here!

Thread Footer