Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCat View Post
    In the opening post, it was asked to share ideas on what you would like to see in the shop. Not what you DONT want to see. What's worse, is you're quoting someone else's ideas, and saying "I think this idea is bad because I don't want to see it in the shop." That's not what this thread is about, and it's also not what this community is about.

It frustrates me to see so much negativity in the forums, and unfortunately, the vast majority of players who are satisfied with the direction of this game tend to be the silent ones.

I hope that we all can let the Devs make the final decisions on what ideas they filter; for this topic, and all topics/updates to come. So far they've been trusted with creating an in game experience that you and I keep coming back to. Let's try and be more positive with our feedback, and less destructive. We're all on the same team here!
    Although the purpose of the thread is to talk about what people want to see, I'm sure the devs appreciate all possible feedback, whether positive or negative. The devs are worried about making stuff p2w, so talk about what might be is useful.

Plus, seeing other people's perspective on the issue can help with balance. For example, Niph's original suggestion was a "Trash disposal assistant", which could mean a few things. Maybe it's a pet that just deletes items you drop, or maybe it's something that buries corpses, or maybe it vendors items you drop and gives you money. Golliathe's concern is that it will become something like Black Desert Online's pets, which are extremely useful auto-looters. I don't believe Niph was suggesting that, but this feedback does tell the devs that if they ever add "Assistants" that they should avoid making them as useful as Black Desert Online's. This comment at the very least helps the devs see possible differences between a nice convenience feature and a clear in-game advantage, even if Niph wasn't talking about the latter.

Positive feedback is nice, but negative feedback is necessary too. Although this thread is about adding things to the store, the devs are trying to be careful not to add anything that would upset players too. I know the devs of Project Gorgon aren't greedy, but there are many game developers who completely ignore complaints in regards to adding micro-transactions to their games in order to appeal to the players who are A-OK with paying for p2w bonuses because those are the people who will pay the most. It's a very sensitive topic so it's understandable that some people (Like me!) would want to say something about it, because micro-transactions have ruined games in the past.

As long as everyone is nice, feedback is constructive and there are no personal attacks, then we're good.

Also on a somewhat related note, I think Niph's idea of more transfer slot space is good, although Golliathe is correct that it would be more storage space as well. I don't think a few transfer slots are a big deal, but Niph's suggestion was probably more about making it easier to transfer items between characters, not getting more storage slots. Maybe since there's a mail service being implemented, subscription users could send larger packages with many items in them? It could be used to transfer items between alts much faster that way if you can send 10+ items at once.

Additionally, while more character slots would be useful, it's a bit unavoidable due to the fact that you can buy the game again and then make new characters on another account. Unless if the devs start asking for your social security number or ban accounts from using the same IP then this is always a valid option. Adding more character slots is fine to make it easier for everyone to get access to more characters, rather than only people who want to bother making multiple accounts and switching between them. Plus, having more characters doesn't necessarily mean you get more money in game as you still need to put in extra work to profit more. You might be able to use an easier method (Ex. Using the same work order multiple times) but you're still crafting more items, leveling up the industry of multiple characters, etc.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 03-08-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Thread Footer