Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since my ideas are discussed, let me elaborate:

• Extra character slots. You can obtain the same result buying another account. I don't know of any benefit given to characters on the same account, so until the game has some, and alts get a bonus from mains somehow, it seems very reasonable to me.
    • Extra account-wide transfer chest slots. It didn't occur to me that the additional slots would be such a deal, but in that case you can require to have all other storage slots in the same zone unlocked. This will get you from 100 to 101, yay!
    • Offline transportation, similar to hangouts: after N minutes offline, your character is moved to one of several possible destinations at the next log in. If N is 24 hours, you save a few minutes of play time every day. But, wait, you could have just played it.
    • Your own personal kobold attendant that collects the trash you dropped on the ground behind you and disposes of it. Actually, it didn't occur to me this could be anything else than a way to destroy on the spot. Really.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baseball caps embroidered withe the P.G. logo

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Your own personal kobold attendant that collects the trash you dropped on the ground behind you and disposes of it. Actually, it didn't occur to me this could be anything else than a way to destroy on the spot. Really.
    It sounds kind of cute.

Maybe there could be cosmetic pets which are just critters that follow you around, and you can feed them items which levels up your bond between you and your pet, which makes your pet do more actions such as animations or speech. Just be careful not to accidentally feed them something you actually want.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the idea of the attendant. If having it do all the choices like skinning then autopsy then bury would tip the scales too much, then perhaps only one of the options could be selected. That way you would still have to interact personally to get it all done but you could still make a run on one skill/priority at a time. Also, for the VIP suggestions, I think having the ability to invite to guild or add friend even if they aren't nearby would be both super convenient and wouldn't be too advantageous. This is fun. Can't wait to see what actually comes from this. And I want to echo what someone said earlier. We are on the same team. We have to be. It's PVE lol.
    Genderfluid autistic mailman by day. High Priest of the Church of Zhia Lian by night. Praise Zhia!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCat View Post
    it was asked to share ideas on what you would like to see in the shop. Not what you DONT want to see. What's worse, is you're quoting someone else's ideas, and saying "I think this idea is bad because I don't want to see it in the shop." That's not what this thread is about, and it's also not what this community is about.

It frustrates me to see so much negativity in the forums, and unfortunately, the vast majority of players who are satisfied with the direction of this game tend to be the silent ones.
    In my opinion paid shop items should be minor conveniences and cosmetics only. I have no issue with someone forking over 20$ a month for 20 extra inventory slots (how about 5 per character). I have no issue with a small xp bonus on combat skills either. There really have to be questions answered though.... I mean what if you could just buy a set of black dye for 25$?

I take grave issue with any bonus that helps you make more money/hour. Unfortunately what he thought was a minor convenience is actually something of a massive money multiplier. I think I pretty readily explained why some of what he wanted was probably a bad idea or the dangers around certain aspects of his ideas.

I really hope you don't think my previous post was negative. I am of the opinion that when someone asks what do you want to see it also opens the door for what you don't want to see.

As for the mule issue : while you can currently have a mule this will eventually be outlawed (because a one time 40$ fee is cheaper than an indefinite rolling 5-10$ monthly fee).

I don't have an issue with the bury pet. But since no one had mentioned black desert and your idea skirted a very nasty pay to win mechanic I wanted to discuss it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is good or not (it would be for a perk of VIP), but one thing I can think of that I would like to see would be.

NPC drop you a message/note when they are ready for a hang out. It should be in character for the NPC, Elves should be sending you notes along the lines of "Why don't you come up and see me sometime?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good conversation here!

I would totally rock a PG t-shirt, hoodie or hat.

I don't really foresee the Shop as being too heavy on micro-transactions. They want to keep it fairly simple - A few package deals to choose from, maybe a few single-line items like order a custom title or the custom gravestone thing, maybe some simple services like guild rename and such. T-shirts and items of that nature are possible but we'll have to look into costs and logistics for it first.

The VIP tokens for the VIP subscription option will also be sold there as well. To set expectations for that, The VIP option is very likely not going to come into play until right before release.

I gotta admit I'm surprised I have not seen more chatter about custom titles on this thread so far. So I guess I'll poke your brains about it. How do you feel about that? Non-bestowable vs. bestowable?

And finally to clarify on one point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe
    As for the mule issue : while you can currently have a mule this will eventually be outlawed (because a one time 40$ fee is cheaper than an indefinite rolling 5-10$ monthly fee).

Extra accounts will not be "outlawed", you just won't be able to log them all in at the same time. You can own as many accounts as you wish, but you will only be able to have one logged in at a time. Also to be clear, that will not happen until there is some form of item mail in place.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    I gotta admit I'm surprised I have not seen more chatter about custom titles on this thread so far. So I guess I'll poke your brains about it. How do you feel about that? Non-bestowable vs. bestowable?
    Custom titles are totally cool, no complaints there! I thought these were planned to be brought back since they're in the game already. I think making them bestowable makes them more fun. I know some people use that to their advantage to get items or money but if someone wants to fork over 100 cheese to get a silly title then who are we to stop them?

The VIP tokens for the VIP subscription option will also be sold there as well. To set expectations for that, The VIP option is very likely not going to come into play until right before release.
    While this is brought up, I wanted to ask because this is kind of important. Currently the VIP token in game can be traded, which is fine and dandy since it's only available through in-game events and such. When you can purchase VIP, are these tokens planned to be tradable so players can purchase them with real money and then trade them to players for in game currency? This is kind of an awkward gray area on whether this is unfair or not, but I would like to know if it's planned or not.

Also just another random idea, but I would love to see the ability to customize our equipment some more like the name/icon/etc. I know you can inscribe items and such, but I always found it kinda silly that you're stuck with a name like "Pig milker's breastplate of your mother's blue balls" or something. It's not really a huge selling point or anything, so maybe it can just be a bonus attached to a VIP subscription?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Totally cool with custom titles and grave stones myself and yes definitely bestowable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And finally to clarify on one point:

Extra accounts will not be "outlawed", you just won't be able to log them all in at the same time. You can own as many accounts as you wish, but you will only be able to have one logged in at a time. Also to be clear, that will not happen until there is some form of item mail in place.
    @Golliathe people paying a monthly sub for their mule accounts is common.

Re the Mail system and mules I've never seen this discussed by the devs.

I don't expect a mail system anytime soon, but why would a player go to a "mailbox" and sort through various items to send to various mules. Then the mules have to go to the mailbox and pick them up? Complete waste of time, imho, when it's simply easier to log the mule on and drop those items onto the mule.

Thread Footer