Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    2. We are trying our best to avoid any "pay-to-win" type scenarios on in-game items/services.
    Perhaps Jackencola can elaborate. My guess is that if something can be obtained in game with minimal effort (though not necessarily from day one), or it can be obtained by buying another account (ex: character slots), then it's not "pay-to-win".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy PG mostly because its NOT P2W
    there is no Extra inventory slot for money
    no extra character slot for money
    there is no 'supper upeer hiper' hi textured and detailed and flashing Mounts (i like that this game DON'T HAVE Mounts and i hope that i will not see any for a long time)

I like that if i buy game i will get exactly the same thing that other buyers of game

SO if u target is fully not P2W game then u should avoid as many thing as u can.
    There are teens of MMO that have it (cash for inventory, character slot, longer buff, extra exp, account inventory slots, mounts, etc)
    PG i unique because it unique and don't have any those pseudo not p2w microtransation
    PoE (Path of Exile) may be good reference, just remember that because it f2p is need more money (many players that don't sped even one $) they mostly earn money from 'inventory slot category'

And yes i know game need money and one time buy in not enough but if u do to much in microtransacion then all those gamer that don't like those microshitransation dont buy PG and those that like it or they do not care have tons of similar game to paly

What i suggest:

In-game stuff; if u really really need money so badly to developed game:
    skinks for animal forms (there are many species of pigs and cow)
    few cosmetics stuff for all unlockable race (fairy, troll)
    some cosmatic change in skill look line eg. dark (black) Ice Nova / Tundra Spikes and bloody zombie/skeleton for necromancy (normal skeleton and zombie bud red colored)

Real life stuff like T-shirt, backpacks, wallets, hats :P
    maybe some figurines / miniatures (1-2 for each playable race)
    something similar to those Discword miniatures but PG ones

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Vish; 03-06-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna tank top i can wear in real life with the logo.
    Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I personally would love mounts, inventory, faster run speed, and housing (enjoy decorating)…. Maybe some skin appearances for pets and animal forms? Spotted pig or all black cow? Pots online for changing out of things or helping lessen some of those nasty boss fight curses that go wrong? Teleportation would be nice too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see quality of life improvements

More gear/combat loadouts (nightz idea)
    Additional character slot(s)
    Opportunity to remove druid or lycan?
    And anything visual. Skins, animal dyes, hairdos, mustaches, etc.

If there's not already plans for visual augmentation, then a scroll that unlocks the skill? It could work just like augments. Choose the helm you want to change the shape of. Sacrifice the helm you want it to look like, pay 35 phlog and 35 baubles, and show off your new level 70 yeti mask.

Anything that makes us shiny and sparkle. A hat that gives us the torch status, boots that give an aura like Phoenix strike/bramble skin. Glowy pieces we could then augment visually.

More ways to customize how we look. There's a lot of great cohesive sets you spent a lot of time building, and everyone runs around with hodge-podge builds that look like barf. Let us show off YOUR game!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that occured to me today is player lead events. What if a guild could buy a kraken that they could deploy at a time and place of their choosing for a fun event?

Another idea involves death. I love the epitaph idea, and have one to add. Instead of respawning or entering the light, what if you could stay behind as a ghost for a bit. You could just fly around through walls scaring people knocking stuff off tables lol. Just a thought.

You could also utilize the social media element of this forum. The accounts are already tied together, right? So maybe VIP members get their own forum, can start their own blogs, see the in-game chat, etc..
    Genderfluid autistic mailman by day. High Priest of the Church of Zhia Lian by night. Praise Zhia!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    • Extra character slots.
    • Extra account-wide transfer chest slots.
    • Offline transportation, similar to hangouts: after N minutes offline, your character is moved to one of several possible destinations at the next log in.
    • Your own personal kobold attendant that collects the trash you dropped on the ground behind you and disposes of it.
    These are basically pay to win options.

1. More character slots means more vendor cash per week and more industry work orders per month. Industry is not hard once you can craft well; I got 2 characters to industry 46/47 in under two weeks of mild effort. One of them had no combat skills over level 8 - just to put things into perspective. This could only ever be fair if you LOST money on vendors and got it back when you got your 6-8 character slots all factioned out with all the different merchants (and were still capped at 4x work orders per item per month). With the right skills and know how you can get ~ 1 million per month via industry with 4 characters.

2. Extra account wide transfer chests are more storage. More storage is a huge advantage.

3. Transportation may seem minor but you know what it does? It becomes a force multiplier when considering industry. This becomes more money per minute played.

4. Collection robots are a huge advantage and although you are talking about trash in this case it becomes a slippery slope to what you see in a game like black desert where you dont even loot corpses as your pet birds or w/e do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    [LIST][*]Access to my character database entry: items currently equipped, storage unlocked and its content, favor with NPCs, flags and quests completed etc. Anything I can check by myself logging in, but available offline.[*]Same for guilds, although the multiplayer aspect can be an issue.[*]Your choice of display for items: they can have several choices rather than only one today, and you can execute an action in game that makes you choose one of them rather than the default. For example:
    • Give shoddy cloth the graphic of decent.
    • Give hammers/sword/.. obtainable in a dungeon the graphic of any other that can be obtained there.
    • Your very own tombstone epitaph (Can the engine support it? Come on, it's 14-years old now, surely it can write).
    These are some pretty good examples of pay to have convenience/cosmetics that offer no real in game advantage.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Deleted by OP.
    Last edited by Niph; 03-08-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    These are basically pay to win options.
    In the opening post, it was asked to share ideas on what you would like to see in the shop. Not what you DONT want to see. What's worse, is you're quoting someone else's ideas, and saying "I think this idea is bad because I don't want to see it in the shop." That's not what this thread is about, and it's also not what this community is about.

It frustrates me to see so much negativity in the forums, and unfortunately, the vast majority of players who are satisfied with the direction of this game tend to be the silent ones.

I hope that we all can let the Devs make the final decisions on what ideas they filter; for this topic, and all topics/updates to come. So far they've been trusted with creating an in game experience that you and I keep coming back to. Let's try and be more positive with our feedback, and less destructive. We're all on the same team here!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCat View Post
    In the opening post, it was asked to share ideas on what you would like to see in the shop. Not what you DONT want to see. What's worse, is you're quoting someone else's ideas, and saying "I think this idea is bad because I don't want to see it in the shop." That's not what this thread is about, and it's also not what this community is about.

It frustrates me to see so much negativity in the forums, and unfortunately, the vast majority of players who are satisfied with the direction of this game tend to be the silent ones.

I hope that we all can let the Devs make the final decisions on what ideas they filter; for this topic, and all topics/updates to come. So far they've been trusted with creating an in game experience that you and I keep coming back to. Let's try and be more positive with our feedback, and less destructive. We're all on the same team here!
    Although the purpose of the thread is to talk about what people want to see, I'm sure the devs appreciate all possible feedback, whether positive or negative. The devs are worried about making stuff p2w, so talk about what might be is useful.

Plus, seeing other people's perspective on the issue can help with balance. For example, Niph's original suggestion was a "Trash disposal assistant", which could mean a few things. Maybe it's a pet that just deletes items you drop, or maybe it's something that buries corpses, or maybe it vendors items you drop and gives you money. Golliathe's concern is that it will become something like Black Desert Online's pets, which are extremely useful auto-looters. I don't believe Niph was suggesting that, but this feedback does tell the devs that if they ever add "Assistants" that they should avoid making them as useful as Black Desert Online's. This comment at the very least helps the devs see possible differences between a nice convenience feature and a clear in-game advantage, even if Niph wasn't talking about the latter.

Positive feedback is nice, but negative feedback is necessary too. Although this thread is about adding things to the store, the devs are trying to be careful not to add anything that would upset players too. I know the devs of Project Gorgon aren't greedy, but there are many game developers who completely ignore complaints in regards to adding micro-transactions to their games in order to appeal to the players who are A-OK with paying for p2w bonuses because those are the people who will pay the most. It's a very sensitive topic so it's understandable that some people (Like me!) would want to say something about it, because micro-transactions have ruined games in the past.

As long as everyone is nice, feedback is constructive and there are no personal attacks, then we're good.

Also on a somewhat related note, I think Niph's idea of more transfer slot space is good, although Golliathe is correct that it would be more storage space as well. I don't think a few transfer slots are a big deal, but Niph's suggestion was probably more about making it easier to transfer items between characters, not getting more storage slots. Maybe since there's a mail service being implemented, subscription users could send larger packages with many items in them? It could be used to transfer items between alts much faster that way if you can send 10+ items at once.

Additionally, while more character slots would be useful, it's a bit unavoidable due to the fact that you can buy the game again and then make new characters on another account. Unless if the devs start asking for your social security number or ban accounts from using the same IP then this is always a valid option. Adding more character slots is fine to make it easier for everyone to get access to more characters, rather than only people who want to bother making multiple accounts and switching between them. Plus, having more characters doesn't necessarily mean you get more money in game as you still need to put in extra work to profit more. You might be able to use an easier method (Ex. Using the same work order multiple times) but you're still crafting more items, leveling up the industry of multiple characters, etc.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 03-08-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Thread Footer