Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Discussion: What would you like to see in the new Gorgon Shop?

I know a lot of you guys have been practicing and threatening to use your 'fling money at the monitor' techniques here lately, but what exactly is it going to take to make you execute? This is what we want to know right here! What item, package or service would you like to see in the coming Gorgon Shop that will cause you to just make it rain?

When answering that question, please keep a couple of things in mind:

1. We will only be starting out with a few basic (already planned) kickstarter-like packages, but it will expand over time.

2. We are trying our best to avoid any "pay-to-win" type scenarios on in-game items/services.

3. This is just to provide a centralized place to gather and accumulate this information to make it easier to review your requests and input when that time comes.

So, what is it going to be? And...…..GO!
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I already bought a package way back when (but not saying I will not buy another if I see something I want :P) ... and I know you said trying to avoid the pay to win, but what I would like to see is maybe some kind of monthly VIP package that makes your food last longer... maybe gives a little more power, maybe a little more inventory. I know that's most likely classified as pay to win.

But I honestly can not wait to see what ideas people come up with and what will be released.
    Last edited by SassySusie; 03-05-2019 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added something

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thoughts on this subject. I can't agree more with avoiding p2w, but I truly believe that this game has more than enough depth to allow for purchased in-game packages without affecting balance, especially assuming the game stays pve.

First and foremost, and I know this won't be for a while for obvious reasons but, Physical Merch. I want to let my PG flag fly high and proud when I'm out and about in the stupid real world.

OK, now with that out of the way, here are my more immediate suggestions:

Name changes, please for the love of all that is holy, i will pay moneys to change my account name and/or forum name. I'll pay $10 right now lol.

Additions to player housing. We don't have it yet, unfortunately, but it will open up so much opportunity for this very thing without necessarily pushing p2w. For instance, a larger house, or a personal garden, or an on property fishing pond. The possibilities are endless, not to mention pure decorative options such as wallpaper, specialized furniture that can't be crafted like a chaise (I'm assuming we can't craft a chaise. I haven't leveled enough to know.), a skylight, etc...

Exclusive food recipes could be sold and not push p2w as long as the buffs added, the time lasting, and required ingredients are comparable to the base game. Like pork shoulder, cheese wheel, 2 flours, and an egg make a pepperoni pizza lol.

We know mounts are coming, so exclusive animals with the same stats offered could work.

Access to a special chat tab might entice some people. It's not really my thing but I see sponsor forums all over the internet.

And for my last suggestion, I'm going to say guilds. I know you can buy them in game with councils and that's awesome, but I also know that I would have gladly just payed $5 instantly rather than grind for a couple days. Of course, I think the in game option of paying should remain forever.

Anywho, these are just some thoughts that have been rattling around in my noggin. Feel free to take them or throw them in the proverbial trash lol.
    Last edited by Jester; 03-05-2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: clarification
    Genderfluid autistic mailman by day. High Priest of the Church of Zhia Lian by night. Praise Zhia!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some different weapons/ gear not available in game strictly cosmetic, like maybe have the option to get a mace instead of a hammer or different colors for your weapon kind of be able to dye it, like have a red sword or green. Have a few type of new gear styles that can work the same way, all of these things attuned to person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a player that purchased 13 packages, I feel like I’m covered there.

My husband games and often says, “hey, you care if I drop $100 into <insert game name>”. He knows I don’t care, just like he doesn’t care that I spent money on PG. So, my only experience with this type of thing is what he tells or shows me. His purchases are what he calls cosmetic and they seem and look super cool.

I made sure to purchase house and mount packages based on my characters. My toons, their names and rank of importance to me has been the same since 2002.

I love the ideas put out by Sassy, Jester and INXS thus far.

Interesting recipes, decorating my house and land, cosmetic items or “adjustments”.

For example, I notice certain people that wear a hat that looks like it was from a Christmas event. That’s not my thing butttt I would love different visuals for my cow. Looking at cow rear-end is so bland. And I really like cow hats. I have a bunny and could see some cute things on her.

Being a Firemage at heart, what my staff looks like is important to me. I’ve crafted tons of staves for my “girls” (mains). And being able to visually enhance them would be great.

Most players I know like being able to look unique in some manner, thus why so many spend the time playing with dye making. I get a huge kick out of guys, some I know in rl asking how I like their newly dyed armor combo.

I don’t expect houses soon, but I already have a visual of a nice cozy cottage, snuggled amongst some large shade trees. Oh, and a choice of fence types and walkway types. Ie is the walkway from my gated yard to my front door dirt, brick or cobblestone?

Pfft, implement some of the suggestions made thus far and cashflow should never be an issue! (That's the accountant in me speaking)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a couple of ideas I thought of that could be fun for everyone:

Custom songs
    Hearing the same droning music in Serbule gets a bit old. How about letting players create custom music and letting them play it so everyone else can hear their masterpieces? This custom music could be used for both ordinary performance and also by Bards in combat. Now you can have a set of nice, pleasing tunes to listen to for performance or some hardcore combat music when destroying mobs with Bard. Plus, if it's player made there's no copyright issues!

Toys for fun
    Items that make silly effects could be lots of fun to play with and to mess around with other players. For example, maybe you could have a magic paint brush that lets you temporarily turn other players different colors, or maybe you could have a fire works launcher machine that sprays fireworks everywhere on use, or maybe something that turns someone into a pig (Don't worry, it's just an illusion). These items should have infinite uses but have a cool down (Don't want the server to lag to death from fireworks). These items would be fun for big events and a fun way to mess with other players, sort of like harmless pranks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buyable loadout slots. It's on the right side of "pay for convenience" vs "pay to win".

I believe that directly increasing any combat stats is too close to "pay to win". That said, if you cap the buyable inventory slots to something like 5, I'd be willing to say it's more "pay for convenience".
    Last edited by Ranperre; 03-05-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be contrary to the norm, but I'm not particularly keen on "cosmetic only" item sales. Personal consumables, sure, but a lot of the reason I play MMOs in general is to customise my character, and I'd very much rather do that through game-play.

I wouldn't mind if bind-to-character items that give minor perks (I.e. +10% xp gain for X duration, or a Personal Panacea) - even though it has a gameplay effect, it's more desirable for me personally if these items exist in lieu of cosmetics being gated behind payments.
    IGN: Vzi

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pockets!!!!

Black dye

Name change Vouchers

New skins for armor/weapons

Custom Titles

Custom named weapon tags for example I would like to rename my sword to executioner sword

Baby manticore mounts

Back accessories like cosmetic angel and devil wings

Violins
    Last edited by spider91301; 03-12-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booty call with Rita 1/day

Thread Footer