Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
A few thoughts:

1. Since you roll only 4 times a week, on a limited number of items, the cost doesn't matter if you can accumulate enough phlogistons every week. Being able to get them in one day, and just playing for fun the rest of the week seems very possible to me. Working on all pieces of a set is an exception, you're likely to work only on a couple items a week, as you loot better stuff.

2. If you think the RNG is cheating on you, record every reroll and make some stats. So far it doesn't seem bugged to me, and bad sequence are always likely to happen. The fact you remember them is completely psychological and is a super-common bias.

3. The true measure of difficulty is how long it takes, starting from a set with random mods, to obtain a perfect set. Making a perfect set of purple gear is much, much faster than a perfect set of max-enchanted yellow gear. I believe the game is balanced around you using the former.
1. WRONG! Rolling always costs phlog therefore it always costs you money (you could have sold those items or sold the phlog).

2. Im aware of the bias you think might be influencing me. But I just rolled on numerous items in the past few days and so did a friend. These weren't made up numbers.

3. Purple-yellow is irrelevant to the discussion. Making yellows is fine and Im not bothered by the difficulty there. But rolling A-B-A-B over and over again makes me and others just want to not bother.

4. It should not take an estimated ~18 weeks to get your gear rolled correctly.