Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can all agree the current system does not work well and the fix above we see is a much better option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golliathe View Post
    Who asked for that? As far as I'm aware... nobody did.

According to the picture about 3 posts up we see that everything in that list is on an equal chance. That's not what we have right now.

And here's another person who obviously did not have rng on their side. Over 1k phlog is something like 29 rolls. Please don't tell me you think it is acceptable to spend 29 rolls to get ONE skill you want on a piece of armor (remember he failed to get the skill he wanted).

Lets say he got what he wanted on the 30th roll. That's 7 weeks to fix one stat on the item. Should it take 35-42 weeks to fix an item you want? I think the answer is a resounding no.
    As far as I'm aware, the chances of rolling each mod will be shown in the next update. Just because the above item has equal chance at each mod does not mean that every mod will be equal chance in the next update. It has already been stated that certain mods have a lower chance than other mods and there is nothing to indicate that the probabilities are being changed (only shown).

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #43
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This thread is going in weird places...

My screenshot shows mods having an equal chance of being rolled. That's true most of the time, but not always. My point was that you don't know when it's true or not, so the next update will show you. That's what's changing! Not the actual percentages, just the ability to see those percentages.

I want some mods to be super common, and I want a few mods to be hard to get (and I know that upsets some people, but too bad). What isn't acceptable is for some mods to be "secretly" hard to get. I think it should be obvious when you're rolling for something that's rare -- that just seems fair. So the next update will make that clearer.

If you don't think this small change will resolve your problem, you're definitely right! Because I'm hearing symptoms that I simply can't explain right now, so more info is needed. I expect the extra info from the next update will make it a lot easier to figure out what's happening. Then we can discuss things further.
    Last edited by Citan; 03-27-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Thread Footer