Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glowing Crystal timer is a terrible mechanic

the 24 hour timer on glowing crystals is a fairly annoying and pointless timegate which blocks players from crafting more than 10-12 max enchanted items per day unless they want to beg/buy vervadium from other players. its a mechanic that limits player potential and growth down to a 24 hour timer. when already rng is doing a fine enough job for us.

now if we had an option to buy a randomly rolled guaranteed legendary item for 3 days worth of vervadium I would not mind this 24 hour timer at all. but because we are limited to 12 attempts at a rng roll for a max enchanted item each day without ever the guarantee that we will get the piece of gear we are striving for the entire system quickly becomes pointless. even now I am considering pissing off quite of few of the people who buy vervadium by raising price for it 4x just so I can get my own gear within a couple weeks.

if past experience is any indication it is probably gonna take around 250-300 vervadium in order to make my 5 max enchanted pieces of gear, which is anywhere between 21-25 days straight of farming glowing crystals on cooldown. in the old system you could at least farm w/e you wanted to get maximized sardonyx or obsidian but now we are blocked by a silly timer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The old system of farming winterprize was basically the same. 99% of players farmed WN at most, once per day, (realistically - no one ever farmed WN because getting winterprize was a massive pain in the ass) which gives you a bit less max-enchants per day than crystals do.

If you logged on to do WN twice every day (minimum 3 hours between first and last run) then you're clearly the exception. IMO this system is much better for almost all players.

And really, I think 3 weeks is a pretty reasonable timeframe for a FULL SET OF MAX-ENCHANTED YELLOWS.

This is also an alpha-exclusive problem since even the most hardcore players won't take the time to farm a FULL SET OF MAX-ENCHANTED YELLOWS unless it's the last zone.
    Last edited by Extractum11; 02-06-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any system that forces parity over the player base by setting OTT timers like 24 hours, or a daily quest, or 3 hour loot on bosses etc is bad imho. I don't like the glowing crystal mechanism at all. The actual gathering of them is pure boredom. And all that will happen is people will power level alts to 50 druid, and farm on alts. So it doesn't stop people with time extra farming anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    pointless timegate
    limits player potential
    3 hour loot on bosses etc is bad imho
    pure boredom
    I don't know.....don't make it sound like a world crisis. As if it completely ruins a free game for you. It's no big deal. It's relaxing to gather them each day. And if I don't have the time, that's fine too. Besides, the MMORPG genre AND RPG genre are known for timegate mechanics and limiting player potential. Many of Gorgon's systems contain game mechanics like this. My intention isn't to be reductionistic or sound condescending, but perhaps you're tired of MMO's? That's something a friend of mine suggested to me once when I didn't like the mechanics of a game I was playing.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmdtt2 View Post
    ...unless they want to beg/buy vervadium from other players.
    With the community the way it is, I'm sure people wouldn't mind helping you out. When you phrase it as "beg/buy" the only thing that will be raised are other player's eyebrows, not their interest in helping you.

...now if we had an option to buy a randomly rolled guaranteed legendary item for 3 days worth of vervadium I would not mind this 24 hour timer at all.
    This just sounds like a trashy cash shop idea. I mean... pretty much exactly.

...even now I am considering pissing off quite of few of the people who buy vervadium by raising price for it 4x just so I can get my own gear within a couple weeks.
    Player run economies do have a blatant issue when it comes to pricing. Project Gorgon is no exception. To put it simply: "What I have is worth more, because it's mine. What you have is worth less, because it's (a) not mine and (b) I might perhaps want it."

That being said the majority of players, and by majority I do not mean of the game - I mean the number who actively participate in buying and selling, adhere to subjective 'fair' prices. These players don't like shafting players over money.

I have always said, PG is a game where you get what you give. If you want something but dislike the market, work for it.

One player's "pointless timegate" is merely a hurdle to overcome.

...if past experience is any indication it is probably gonna take around 250-300 vervadium in order to make my 5 max enchanted pieces of gear, which is anywhere between 21-25 days straight of farming glowing crystals on cooldown. in the old system you could at least farm w/e you wanted to get maximized sardonyx or obsidian but now we are blocked by a silly timer.
    Okay so roughly a month of work. Wolves have to wait for a month to access the altar, which compared to working for something, is harder. Waiting vs work? No contest. (I do get that you have to wait for a portion of it but like..)

All I can say is, if you are part of a guild, maybe ask them to help you. That's one of the pillars of this game I believe. Someone helps you and you help them.
    - There was a time where I use to farm a lot of oak/maple wood and a player set up a standing order with me. He'd pay me up front for my work and even paid to have foraging 50-60 unlocked for me. This is the staple for the game, working together. I'm not trying to bash what you're saying really, merely suggest that you attempt to seek help than be selfish about it and complain about self-progression.

(Not to mention getting overly attached to money or items will inevitably just disappoint you in the long run..)
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand, it seems pretty easy to me. Restricts gear which is good.

I HATE surveying so I pay people to get my redwalls for example. I find that I can make the money faster in ways that I enjoy and let others that either like surveying or find it a good way for them to make cash. People can do the same with verd and glowies.

Thread Footer