I am looking for some advice about moving my character forward.

I have a skill at 70, one at 60 and a bunch in the 40's and 50's. It may explain my stalling but my play-style is generally go out into the world, run around, have fun. I've done a lot of favour grinding of course but little in the way of trade skills.

I have reached a point now where I'm spending my time in the same area's and not progressing to harder content. My issue I think is that my equipment is not up to it and I am not getting better stuff to replace it with. I also think that I don't have a solid grasp of itemisation and the mods on equipment. I started augmentation for example but I'm not 100% sure on how it works although have the basics down.

I generally solo and maybe this is an issue but I am sure there are players out there in the same boat.

So I am looking for advice on getting over this bump. I have started leather working so should I raise that and make my own stuff. Should I focus on just patiently grinding a particular area until I get better equipment and then go from there? The new dungeon is a bit tough for me for example and I can't farm something like the wolf cave beyond the general trash mobs.

I'm good at surveying!! Although at this point I think I have enough money to pay for my skills so I don't think money is the problem.

Any help much appreciated.