Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: February 20, 2019

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...4432#post14432

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.
    -ADMIN- Lemons
    -GUIDE- Sims

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite a beefy update, long read but lot of goodies in there. Thanks !

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm VERY excited to see thorns are a more viable tactic, and the thorns skills get more thorny mods! Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.

Just logged in to see toxic flesh and phoenix strike didn't get any thorns love. Maybe it was forgotten?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is FullMoon so for the future plans try not to update game before fullmoon, first offering for ancient pagan good then updating game and it will be working from start (no need to delay

back to topic:
    Good Work with Fire Magic and Shamanic infusion i like it much Sh is much more nice skill now and "newbies friendly" "P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shamanic infusion easier to levl up? I just recently almost maxed it out

Nice changes overall. One question thugh - I recently wanted to craft new set of gear, and realized that coated Yellow crystals can't be used in crafting. Is it intended?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the update! I have noticed at least a couple "puzzle" style locations which is one of my favorite aspects of PG and I'm glad to see more of those. I noticed there are new racial slot items with more useful buffs (at least for rakkie) which is much appreciated and the new potions from the ratkin are interesting. The new mobs are neat and while I haven't used it I like that there is a more combat util based gadgeteering item now.

One this I am especially grateful for is that the "daily" quest is a 3 day reset and not a proper daily. I really find dailies to be cumbersome in MMORPGs as they seem to penalize you in comparison to other players for not being able to log on every day. 3 days is a nice compromise in that regard.

Precognition is fantastic - was wondering how that would play out when I read the update and I think the little visual is a great way to display incoming mobs. Great for waiting if you're farming an area and kiting if you're trying to avoid being overwhelmed.

Also cr00cy I believe there is a way to un-coat the crystals making them harmful again, but usable in crafting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    Shamanic infusion easier to levl up? I just recently almost maxed it out

Nice changes overall. One question thugh - I recently wanted to craft new set of gear, and realized that coated Yellow crystals can't be used in crafting. Is it intended?
    You should be able to double-click a coated crystal to uncoat it for use. There may even be a right click option for it as well.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will calligraphy be getting an overhaul since the percent based buffs are now weaker?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The damage formula change is something I'm pretty conflicted about. On one hand it's great to make it simpler to avoid future issues and so it's more obvious how it works to players, but on the other hand I feel like it might be a bit too simple now and it takes the fun out of theory crafting a bit. That's just a personal thing for me though.

One issue I have with the damage formula change for sure though is the effect it has on modifiers that increase damage from a specific damage type. Because of the change, many boosts to damage type bonus are weak now and I feel like it hurts the game's balance overall. Additionally, these damage type bonuses were a major reason to make specific builds around a certain damage type.

For example, spring fairy armor is incredibly weak armor wise, but it gave a large bonus to elemental damage due to this bonus being at the end of the damage formula. This bonus was very important to lightning damage builds such as Hammer/Mentalism, which didn't have great damage in the first place due to not having great bonuses on mods, and was a fair trade off for having very low armor. Now however, spring fairy armor is incredibly weak and hardly worth the armor trade off at all. Because of most of Hammer/Mentalism's damage mods being % based, the bonus from spring fairy armor doesn't stack at all and it seriously hurts the idea of using it as a damage build. This is just one example as well, tailoring's enhanced elemental damage, abilities dedicated to boosting damage types like Way of the Hammer, and skills like calligraphy are also much weaker as well as the builds based around them.

If this change in the damage formula is to persist, I would like to ask that some of these increases to damage types be buffed to compensate at the very least. % damage bonuses on armor should be increased very heavily, and abilities dedicated to improving damage should be increased by a decent amount as well (So it's worth using them in the middle of combat rather than just another attack).

I think the only thing that legitimately might have deserved this nerf was Werewolf's mod for crushing damage on skulk, and that was only because it was a ridiculously high modifier. Otherwise I think these elemental damage bonuses were very healthy for the game overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the changes aren't particularly relevant to me, so I won't comment on them, but I do want to quickly jot down my first impressions of the new dungeon while it's fresh in my mind.

Overall, the place is pretty good. It seems a little over-tuned, but given the patch-notes I'd expected it to be so. The place is varied and requires a diverse strategy to fully explore at the appropriate level (given I died often enough by the way of not being prepared in any capacity), though even so I feel the poison damage was far too high from the vipers on the first floor.

On the second floor, my only two issues were the chain stuns (I forget which monster does this) and the cave sections, where the monsters tend to blend into the background.

Beyond that, it's hard to gauge if the dungeon would be useful for its intended level range without actually trying to progress through it with a level 55 character. Having some sort of option to purposefully lower your level could be handy to that end (though I doubt many people would use it).
    IGN: Vzi

Thread Footer