I've been thinking about what I want to do in PG during this alpha phase, but one thing that I'm really on the fence about is Permanent Character Alternations (PCA's)--namely, for me, druidism. Now, first, I want to say that the general idea of PCA's is great, imo. I get them and their purpose. I actually like the idea that some decisions you make are permanent--like choosing a specialization in a tradecraft. Even though other MMO's almost always offer a way for you to revert your decision (sometimes for a monetary cost, sometimes at the cost of all progression down that path), I don't even necessarily mind that PG doesn't appear to plan on following suit.

However, this is what's bothering me: if this change is, in fact, permanent, it would require me to level another character in a different (opposing) skillset in order to test this other aspect of the game. Basically, what I'm saying is that knowing that, it is discouraging me from playing (and, in effect, testing a certain aspect of the game during this stage of development), which I feel is counter-productive.

Now I am new to PG, so correct me if I'm wrong! Using Druid as an example, there doesn't seem to be anything you're locked-out of by learning druidism. If, in fact, you can learn all PG skills regardless of PCA's like druidism, then I've written all of this for nothing. But if becoming a Druid now locks me out of vampirism (when it's released, for example) it seems like there should be an option to abandon druidism in favor of vampirism...at least during this alpha/testing phase.

Sorry for rambling a bit--I'm at work and had to get this out of my head!