Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hare Dash (+410 crushing) and Mamba Strike Under Performing

EDIT: RESOLVED
    The 2/20 update has resolved this issue as the +crushing damage has been moved behind the multipliers. I now hit for 3600ish and the tooltip is correct.

All training dummies started at 4000/4000.

Without Hare Dash, my ability bar says that Mamba Strike hits for 1109+800 trauma (on opponents without armor, this draining dummy has no armor). It then hits for 1109+800 trauma = 1909, leaving 2091 left from 4000 HP:

With Hare Dash, my ability bar says that Mamba Strike hits for 3873+800 trauma (if opponent has no armor). I should easily one shot the draining dummy, with room to spare, but I'm not. I'm only hitting for 4000-1652 = 2348, after considering for the 800 trauma, that's 1548 after +410 crushing:

Am I doing something wrong? As I see it, either the taskbar or realized damage calculation is incorrect. All of my abilities, even after +nice damage, hit the training dummy for exactly the same amount as the game shows me in the taskbar.

Thanks for taking the time!

Edit: This is not unique to Mamba Strike. All of my other crushing abilities (bunny & unarmed) underperform when comparing taskbar to realized damage.
    Last edited by Ranperre; 02-21-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Bad Math & Resolution

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This bug occurs with buffs that increase the damage of your next attack if it is an X type attack.
    The issue here is that the tooltip's displayed damage believes that the added damage should apply to the beginning of the damage formula, which results in a significantly higher number due to the added damage being multiplied by all of your other bonuses to the attack (Other than base multipliers). In reality the damage from these buffs is added almost at the end of the damage formula where it isn't boosted by the vast majority of multipliers.

This bug isn't new, but ever since the damage formula change from a few months ago there are quite a few things that cause tooltip damage to be displayed inaccurately, so be aware of that. Mostly this relates to items that boost a specific type of attack damage like ferocity juice.

Also I would just like to ask because it would be helpful for me to keep track of how the damage formula works. From my notes you should only be getting 410 damage from the +410 crushing damage buff, but your damage was increased by 439, which is 7% higher. Do currently have EXACTLY 7% more crushing damage? Such as from the 7% calligraphy buff and nothing else? Previously this damage wouldn't get multiplied by damage type bonuses, so this would be good to know so I can keep track of it.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 02-17-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    Also I would just like to ask because it would be helpful for me to keep track of how the damage formula works. From my notes you should only be getting 410 damage from the +410 crushing damage buff, but your damage was increased by 439, which is 7% higher. Do currently have EXACTLY 7% more crushing damage? Such as from the 7% calligraphy buff and nothing else? Previously this damage wouldn't get multiplied by damage type bonuses, so this would be good to know so I can keep track of it.
    Yes, I had the 7% calligraphy buff and nothing else. I just retested without calligraphy (absolutely no buffs) and the difference between mamba (no hare dash +410 crushing) and mamba (with hare dash +410) is exactly 410 damage.

Thanks!

Thread Footer