Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to be wrong citan. Glad you are looking to hire some fulltime help, a proper team, to move your vision forward for the game. We've all been here for a long time with you, many of us, so as strange as it sounds, we are also passionate about this game though it is your work and your wife's.

Maybe I was under the wrong impression, but for years, it seemed to me, you had no desire to have a proper development team at your disposal and preferred for your team to be just yourself and Srand. I'm not sure if that impression came about because of something you said, in some interview, a long time ago, or if I had imagined it, but I'm happy to be wrong.

I hope you can find affordable, competent, and passionate help. I'll be playing your game either way, whether you go it alone or do find some help, but yea, what I said was what I felt.

Kindly offered,
    Aion
    Last edited by Aionlasting; 02-16-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first mmorgp I played was one that Eric and Srand were involved with. So 17 years later I can say this imho....

I've read the articles and interviews given by the devs. I read the old forums and followed the development of this game as it progressed until I invested my time and money to start playing.

This is just my opinion of course, but the Dev team has always been open and upfront with the player base. I appreciate that aspect. When they are about to put out new content they seem happy and excited to give us a heads up about it. If it's a little later than originally planned, well I know few people that are always to the tee on time with even arriving for dinner when we make arrangements to meet somewhere. Things come up.

It seems to me that Eric prefers to put out a product he is happy with rather than hand the players something half-assed just to say I got it out by xyz date.

I love the game, the concept and the endless hours of entertainment I have received over the years for the embarrassingly low amount of money it has cost me for said entertainment.

So well said, Eric, regarding your response. Much respect to you and Srand, the devs are doing a great job. I appreciate that you have the passion and desire to stick with such an undertaking and listen to all the bitching.

If I wanted to play a corp backed cookie cutter game with a large dev team, I wouldn't be posting on this forum or playing this game.

/bow
    z

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s5669111 View Post
    Why don't the developers say "We do updates on Tuesdays at 12 PM ET." ? If the game is up at 12:05 there's no update. No speculation, limited frustration.
    in all honesty, my first thought is to wonder why you assume they are beholden to you as to the update schedule on a game not yet officially released?

To be fair to them, the admins are in game very very regularly, and have been very open about the situation and are very quick to answer questions of all kinds, especially related to this topic.

I don't accept this as a valid response. Condescending to your audience is not only insulting to them it should be embarrassing to you.

I also don't appreciate someone trying to hijack my thread.
    Is it any more insulting than telling a developer how they should do their job and assume you have authority over them in doing so?
    Last edited by Coglin; 02-17-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    in all honesty, my first thought is to wonder why you assume they are beholden to you as to the update schedule on a game not yet officially released?

To be fair to them, the admins are in game very very regularly, and have been very open about the situation and are very quick to answer questions of all kinds, especially related to this topic.

Is it any more insulting than telling a developer how they should do their job and assume you have authority over them in doing so?

Hey Bro, you got some kind of superiority/persecution complex going. NOWHERE am I requesting let alone demanding that anyone do as I say. I posed a question with a couple of possible benefits.

Maybe you should move beyond your first thoughts before you put them out for review.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bro, you got some kind of superiority/persecution complex going. NOWHERE am I requesting let alone demanding that anyone do as I say. I posed a question with a couple of possible benefits.

Maybe you should move beyond your first thoughts before you put them out for review.
    Umm, you accused someone of being "Condescending" and "insulting". I asked a reasonable question in return based on the tone you set with them, as I found them unreasonably presumptive. I have no idea how that equates to being "superiority/persecution" to use the same terms in a polite question back towards your perspective. My question was directly related to the topic and using the tone you set for it. So do you have anything directly related to the topic, or have you simply chosen to derail the topic to attack and insult anyone who questions the perspective of our point?

You already deemed other folks post here, with reasonable responses as "invalid". Which is a bit condescending in and of itself. Why do you feel you have the right to claim other posters opinion as "invalid" and insults others for asking a reasonable question back to you in response?

I stand by my thoughts that I put out for review. My question was reasonable based on the discussion. It is interesting to me that you find it insulting to be asked a question back to you, that you deem is not insulting to ask to another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, Thanks to Citan for the responses. They are greatly appreciated.

Second, Love the Admins, Guides and the rest of the PG staff!! I hope you continue to provide as knuckleheads with the awesome experiences we've grown to anticipate.

Third, I consider my question answered.

Fourth, well....

Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    Umm, you accused someone of being "Condescending" and "insulting". I asked a reasonable question in return based on the tone you set with them, as I found them unreasonably presumptive. I have no idea how that equates to being "superiority/persecution" to use the same terms in a polite question back towards your perspective. My question was directly related to the topic and using the tone you set for it. So do you have anything directly related to the topic, or have you simply chosen to derail the topic to attack and insult anyone who questions the perspective of our point?

You already deemed other folks post here, with reasonable responses as "invalid". Which is a bit condescending in and of itself. Why do you feel you have the right to claim other posters opinion as "invalid" and insults others for asking a reasonable question back to you in response?

I stand by my thoughts that I put out for review. My question was reasonable based on the discussion. It is interesting to me that you find it insulting to be asked a question back to you, that you deem is not insulting to ask to another.
    Tell me about your mother...

Just kidding. No really, tell me about your mother.

You're some kind of turing machine, right? Or maybe a trollbot.

Yaaaa, I was going to respond further with something other than "You're a troll." but I think that covers it. Your responses are incoherent and overly provocative RE: the subject.

I capitulate, feel free to mark this as a major coup/victory for TEAM COGLIN.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another MMO, that shall not be named, tried to keep a tight schedule for updates, and the results were disastrous. Releasing an update before it was complete required more time and effort to fix than if it had simply been delayed until things were put to rights. Personally, I do not except updates to occur until the team has something worth an update.

Thread Footer