Well I have been playing Project Gorgon on my MacBook Pro from 2014, and the fans blow constantly and it struggles to keep the graphics smooth when I turn. And so I am looking into running the game on a PC under Windows or Linux. But there are so many choices! I am not on a tight budget but will really just be using this computer for gaming, with 2 monitors to run browser/discord on the side.

CPU
How would you recommend Intel over AMD? I am looking at these two per general recommendations:

• AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Intel Core i7-8700K

They seem very comparable and have good reviews both. I don't know why wattage matters but the pc part picker website lists it as an important thing.

Graphics
This seems easier by recommendations, if not by models available: GTX 980 or 1060 or 1070. But then that turns out just to be a chipset and there are dozens of cards using it!

I would probably just go for the best one because I want smooth graphics. I want to be able to move around and not have the screen lag behind my mouse & keyboard, which happens very much on my Mac laptop.

All the Rest
These seem to be the two critical bits, and then I can just choose things compatible with them for the rest of the build.

I plan to set up a dual-boot system, but would prefer to install the game just once. Do you have thoughts on Project Gorgon running on Windows vs Linux?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.