Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Removing the blue box?

Hi all, I am trying out the demo at the moment and was just wondering if there is either an option to remove the huge blue box outline around everything you select, or if that's something that will eventually be removed during development? I know it seems a bit nitpicky but it's just awful!
    Other than some control issues I'm really enjoying the game so far, but that blue box is driving me insane!
    xx

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is currently no option to remove the selection box around objects. Sorry I can't find previous discussions on it, which I am sure I remember reading. If I recall correctly, there is some technical reason why it can't just be removed. The blue box might go away someday but it is going to be with us for a while yet.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 02-03-2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally identify with you Jensplores. So many things I love about this game, but I can predict what will eventually drive me away. One is the Optimization...it really needs improvement, and the other is the BOXES. The horrid, oddly behaving interaction boxes (hit boxes as they are often called in other games).

Not being able to fill my water bottles at the well in serbule because that stupid living flame thing is hovering close by it drives me batty. Literally, I get up and leave the game until it floats away. having to click on the top of a tree because it's hit box is only at the top (but for some reason I have to go around the base in a large area even when the hitbox isn't down there), trying to click on a mobs body to loot when there are 5 players and 3 summons around it is like trying to grab a needle in a moving haystack.

No matter what the technical reason, it's a design flaw that really needs to be looked at. I get worked up just thinking about it. Seriously, great game guys, but some really big flaws. I've seen players mention this in reviews as one of the things that drives them away from the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funnily enough, I joined the Discord channel last night and the last thing anyone said in it was that the blue boxes are driving them insane and they have stopped playing! I'm getting used to them now, but I still find them irritating... when you have more than one mob attacking you, and you can't click-select the next one because the hitbox for the corpse is in the way? Not good. I'm learning to use backspace-select now, and after a day of gametime I'm getting the hang of it, but they're just... I don't know why they're like that. Never seen it in a game before. Agreed, the hitboxes being at the top of trees is pretty irritating too. Given that a lot of people seen to have a problem with them I'm hoping they'll get worked on and sorted at some point. THe rest of the game is gripe-free for me, so would be great to see them replaced!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Temjiu View Post
    Not being able to fill my water bottles at the well in serbule because that stupid living flame thing is hovering close by it drives me batty. Literally, I get up and leave the game until it floats away. having to click on the top of a tree because it's hit box is only at the top (but for some reason I have to go around the base in a large area even when the hitbox isn't down there), trying to click on a mobs body to loot when there are 5 players and 3 summons around it is like trying to grab a needle in a moving haystack.
    As a workaround, you can set up a hot key to select the nearest object. I'm not near the game right now and don't recall the exact wording but if you go to Settings and then Key Bindings, it should be called something like "Select Next Non-Combatant". Bind it to a key you like, and then spam the key as needed until you get the selection you want. Then hit the Use Selected hotkey (default "U") to interact with single-purpose things like the well. I have my "select" and "use" hot keys next to each other and it works out quite nicely when foraging or filling bottles and such. Sadly, the Use doesn't work for looting since corpses have multiple other options like skinning or only taking one piece of loot etc. The Select hotkey still does pretty well at cycling through corpses, though.

Thread Footer