Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you started over...

If you started over what would you do differently? Are there any skills you slept on that you wish you had picked up sooner or skills that you put a lot of effort into at the start, but realize would've been easier if you'd waited? NPCs you ignored, over-valued, or would have gifted differently? Items you dropped/hoarded incorrectly, etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CIVIC PRIDE 100 times over. I can't imagine how many councils would be saved by maxing that one before even bothering to buy any skills. I would consider revoking my lycanthrope status as well, since it is kind of pointless once you complete all of the altar quests.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Druid skill I wouldn't take this one, especially since Priest is Druid 2.0 but also I wouldn't take Priest either, the thought of Druid emergency and event followed by a Priest emergency.......

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what I would do:

Train shield to level 8 for take the lead as a first priority, god knows I spent so long running around with default run speed when I could have very easily at least gotten this when I was a noob.
    Then instead of going sword/necromancy I would go sword/psych instead, since psych is a much better support skill and also offers it's own run speed bonuses. I would also snag the +sprint speed equipment such as the ring of jaunty traipsing and the amulet of the rugged traveller asap from buy used/begging for them on trade.
    After this I would probably train sword/psych both to 50 but before getting any unlocks I would spend a long while getting as much notoriety and civic pride as I could while leveling surveying for money. Initial cash would go towards a pocket set, preferably with a +1 sprint boost on the legs then I would spend the rest on getting my skill unlocks and to start learning alchemy. Eventually I would learn bc and probably transition into the main builds I use now e.g. ice/bc and focus on the non-combat skills after.

For any new player I highly recommend taking a skill that provides run speed boosts as a first main combat skill and that shield bonus is just too easy to give up, but I really wouldn't recommend putting every single non-combat skill off until the end, since it could be a bit boring just doing combat and while getting civic pride first is a very nice help, it's not an absolute necessity.

EDIT:
    Not something I would personally change for me since I did it, but for others; NPCs are incredibly important to favour up whereas money at the beginning is not so much of a priority so definitely the storage/shop NPCs favour is also one of the things I would do first.

EDIT EDIT:
    Join a guild too. Seriously, join one. If they do guild quests it is a good amount of free money, even if they don't, it makes finding groups 10x easier not to mention a lot of the community is very nice and will often help you out with starting equipment, doing recipes for you, removing curses etc.
    Last edited by Celerity; 01-29-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shamanic infusion and CIVIC PRIDE should start sooner, at beginning help a lot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have learned Transmutation and Augmentation earlier. Also, I'd learn tailoring or leatherworking earlier and do their work orders and use that gear for better aug mods and favor.

Thread Footer