Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attacking one but more show up

Sometimes I will shoot some animal with bow and another will join in the fight. Is this normal or a glitch. If it is normal, is there a way to know beforehand that this will happen? Usually it is the same type of animal but once I shot a valley sheep and a pig came also and that time I noticed a line go leftward when I shot the bow. It was almost like it shot 2 arrows, one at the sheep and one at the pig that I didnt know was there.

Also, some animals have a blue crown over their heads, what does that mean?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure someone can do this with correct terms but I'll give it a quick shot.

Your probably using multishot its a lvl 8 ability.

The enemies if you attack them whilst close together will act as you describe. Each one has a zone of influence around it. If you enter it they will come at you assuming there hostile,if you attack 1 creature that is within a second critters zone it will come too.

To cope with this you need to enter the zone of 1 enemy to attract it towards you or back off enough to pull it out of the range of the other creatures zone of influence.,then when you attack it you will not pull more than the 1 enemy.
    Imagine the 2nd creature is not seeing you as your not in it's zone but it's noticing it's neighbor being attacked so it's reacting to that.

You need to be especially careful in group play in dungeons as a miss placed range attack can at times attract enough foes to cause major trouble or even a group wipe.

There are some enemies that can actually call for help and get enemies to come also I think.

The crown starts a mini quest, for example kill 8 bears for an exp reward.
    Last edited by Celler; 01-25-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you see an exclamation mark (!) appear above the head of a monster then it has called for help and any other monsters within calling range will come to help it.

Ti minimise this effect, act as above i.e. body pull it away from other monsters. Approach it slowly and once it notices you, back off and it will follow.

Do not do any damage to it until it has moved away from other monsters.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also will want to continue to be aware of the other enemies in the area after you enter combat. If pats come into range or an enemy runs away towards other mobs the enemy can call for help after being engaged in the fight. Learning to kite different mobs is a big part of combat in PG - with ranged enemies ducking behind a wall/obstacle will force them to come closer.

Thread Footer