Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corax, I understand the limitations that you are talking about. I use to play DCUO and ESO and would be very frustrated on the limitation of using only 6 skills. However, over time I would appreciate the game planning and the creativity involved in creating a load out with limited skills on key bind.

What I do in PG is make situational load outs. I have load outs for sprinting, fighting bosses, crowd control, and tanking. So if I am soloing in a dungeon I may have my CC load out while fighting adds but before I fight a boss or elite enemy, I will switch to boss load out (high single damage, rage reducing).
    Lycan can switch in combat so I will switch in combat if I am needing an extra heal (blood of pack), armor shred (pouncing rend), or extra DOT tick (sanguine fangs). Since equipment doesn't swap options are limited but still some extra utility.

Obviously none of these solutions will completely solve your concerns but they may be able to help alleviate some of the restraint. My personal opinion would be to play two MMO's. At the moment PG is not a sub so nothing wrong with playing WoW and PG. Everyone's financial situation is different but if you could afford the $40 then I think it would be a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldaron View Post
    I think you can definitely find someone to help you unlock necromancy. The demo chat is open to players that purchased the game so you might want to ask if anyone will run you through necromancy when you're on - people are usually willing to help and don't ask for anything in return. The population usually runs around 200 as mentioned and though that may seem small it often feels well populated.

As for how friendly the community is - this is one of the best MMO communities I've played with. People are generally very helpful and here to have fun. There are player hosted events like poetry readings, Matzur's trivia, hide and seek (less common these days), and yesterday I saw people putting on a race. You really get to know each other. It's a PVE focused sandbox so there's little reason to be competitive or hostile. There will always be a few bad eggs, but they're certainly in the minority in PG.

As a demo player you're only seeing a small slice of the game - as far as content you really get your moneys worth already and there's still a lot planned. That being said I would pick up a few crafting skills, try some different combat skills, and see if you're still itching for more.

Money and inventory management are big aspects of this game and I personally really like that. Figuring out what's useful, what will sell, who to earn favor with. Each npc having their own unique personality and favor requirements is a big sell for me, I appreciate the world building. And then skills like poetry appreciation, dance, and music really push players to get together while the non-instanced dungeons encourage you to work together. I've been playing for a couple years now and still have things to try/do.
    Some excellent points. One very big things that tends to drive my enjoyment of a game is community, and this one is a great one. it's one aspect of many to consider When deciding if a game is worth it, and certainly helped my decision in choosing to stay and play.

Thread Footer