Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on Finding Relevant L70 Solo Content?

Hi! I've hit 70s and am looking for ways to be self-sufficient (solo) and have a nonzero chance of finding some Level 70 gear. Does anyone have advice?

The Onkara War Trooper in Rahu is the only relevant mob I've found so far that drops some L70 armor. The Super Soldiers are 60-65, sadly. So far I've found 0 mobs that drop L70 amulets/rings, or L70 main/offhand items.

I've explored all the Gaz caves (except for the mummy/boss area of Windy View), and the mobs and chests there are all 60-65. All the surface orcs in Gaz are 65 or lower, even the ones in Gaz city! That was a big disappointment. Once I'd passed the ballistas and started exploring the city, I was expecting the mob levels to tick up from 65 to 70. Obviously the Keep itself is not meant for solo play.

I've been trying the Tun-Uruks in NE Gaz, but as nonhumanoid mobs, they appear to have an abysmally low chance of dropping weapons/armor. (Assuming they do at all.) I've heard that they're level 80, which is even worse if your goal is to get something to wear.

I know and expect that joining GK groups is the fastest way to start gearing up for 70, but shouldn't there be a (slower, harder) option to solo your way to a piece of gear or two? So far I've found exactly one mob relevant to level 70, in Rahu, in the entire game.

Obviously I can get crafted gear, but that's not the same fun as running around hitting things for random results.

Where have I failed to look? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm starting to get pretty concerned that I've found exactly one solo-relevant level 70 mob, and none at all in the entire high-end Gaz zone. I don't expect it to be easy or convenient while soloing, but it should be possible, right?

To be precise, it appears that to be relevant, something needs to drop level 70 mods, and have a reasonable chance of dropping weapon and armor pieces. Other mobs are great for farming skins or phlogistion. Especially, I don't expect to find yellows like all the senior players are wearing, but there should be at least some chance of finding purple rarity items and start having some fun transmuting them!

I'm well aware that the options to group or craft nonmetal armor are available. Those are fun too, but this is the first time I've found solo content to be almost completely missing. I assume I just don't know the right places to look!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by gchristopher; 01-05-2019 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can see several ways of doing it:

. Ignore 70 for now and gear up with level 65. As you wrote, this is possible solo (albeit slow). Once you have a good set with all mods transmuted to what you want, try your luck and solo GK at the entrance. Then replace your level 65 gear with 70.

. Craft (you or someone else) a starter level 70 gear, then see above.

. Don't solo but duo. I believe it's a much better option, and that you can find reasonable players in the same situation ready to help each other.

As far as I know, there is no valid solo option to gear up to level 70 that is not impossibly time consuming, other than max-enchanted crafted gear, and the entrance of GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the good advice! Since the War Troopers drop scorpiclaw and rakshasian elite armor at L70, you can definitely use them for a first set of gear. It just figured there couldn't be only one mob in the entire game that fits that bill and I must have missed something obvious. Thanks for the confirmation that's not the case.

I did find out that the Huge Ice Slicks in the Snowblood cave are also level 70, so that's a source for rings and amulets! (Woohoo! Up to two mobs!)

There's some other dungeons worth double checking, and I haven't tried treasure cartography yet, so I'm definitely having fun searching still.

If I had a suggestion to make, it'd be to bump the Gaz City orcs up just a little bit so they are 70, and maybe do the same with a few other hard hitting, hard-to-reach mobs like Skeleton Frostlords in Windy Cave? (It'd be great to have one or two mob types deep in each cave that are 70.)

Thanks again, I appreciate the answer!

Thread Footer