Dump all of your resources into maxing skills. Play slow. I'm actually enjoying the game more now because of this mindset. For a while, I was frustrated at trying to find certain mods on gear, trying to perfect my gear loadout, etc. Then I just took a break and internalized that the only things that matter are skills, so I adjusted all my resources into raising skill levels instead of gearing and unlocking storage. Getting trans and aug up. Making sure my foraging, surveying, and skinning are maxed to ease recovery time after Wipeocalypse.

Now, who knows, this may all change tomorrow for better of worse. The devs have been pretty up-front about this from the start.

Favor is going to be a beast, though. You're not wrong. I might not go back to bard if favor does end up wiping. Too many oddball requirements for a skill which can be boiled down to one rockstar ability and a bunch of things other skills can also do. But I digress. Take this time to make friends, try skills, and master your game knowledge instead of maxing your bank space.