Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread: Race change?
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to update - The official stance on allowing race changes is still a firm no. We have no plans or intent to alter that.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personal Opinion: The reasons for many things players ask for are "this would be nice" "This would be easier" "I don't want to spend the time". If the game creators go in this direction you get the current version of WOW. Everything is easy and mapped out for you with glowing arrows pointing the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    I guess I'll jump in with a response to this, because I'm pretty sure that skills are one of the reasons why we won't see race changes, and will continue to see gates to unlock new races.

With the introduction of Fae, the first of the Advanced races, we now have multiple race-locked skills. These skills grant race-locked abilities and mechanics to those characters. Fae characters start in a different area than Human/Elf/Rakshasa players, and at a different level. Fae characters have access to some special quests that automatically teach them skills up to certain levels upon completion. A Fae player who completes their tutorial quests will end up with....
    - Fae-locked Fairy Magic skill
    - Fae-locked Fae (Race Skill)
    - Armor Patching 10
    - First Aid 10
    - Pathology 15 (second quest to 30)
    - Fishing 25
    - Skinning 15 (second quest to 30)
    - Butchering 15 (second quest to 30)
    - Foraging 20
    - Nature Appreciation 15 (second quest to 30)
    - Some other stuff

Throwing out conclusions isn't something I like to do, so I'll just ask a few questions instead. What happens if an Elf character switches their character to a Fae? Should their skills be reset down to the Fae levels so they can experience the content properly and give meaningful feedback? If that Elf does not have Nature Appreciation, should they be allowed to do the Fae Quest to automatically skip 30 levels of leveling? Could this be exploited by people switching to Fae for the unlocks, then switching back to another race? Do they get locked out of abilities they spent time unlocking that Fae can't use? If a Fae switches to a Human/Elf/Rakshasa, do they lose progress on their race-locked skills? What happens to the items they have in their Fae-only storage portal?
    Now this is a good response, I knew the races were different and had race related skills but not at all about all these skill related quests and similar. Yeah it would be tricky for sure. I don't think exploiting would really be a thing if it's a one time race change for old members or more being costly in one way or another since it's not a competitive game with PvP and high end raiding etc. I'd suggest if you race change you keep your skills and favor but start with default 0 or 1 level Fae skills as well as not getting any of the default starting bonuses, I wouldn't really care if the quests are available to changed Fae's and they can earn some skillups in certain areas from them, after all if they want to change to Fae and stay it, that's fine with me, if a cost is introduced to race change further than once per alpha/beta account, anyone wanting to "exploit" it will also have to pay whatever price be it money or in-game consequences and seeing as it's only a few 10's in a like 8 or so skills, I don't really have a problem with it personally, again I'm not competing with them i PvP or trying to beat their performance in a raid. That'd be my take on it at least, I can see how it's a sensitive and complicated topic though. Thanks for your answer.

Thread Footer