Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some Gear with built in speed boost
    Spoiler Spoiler:

check out http://www.gorgonexplorer.com/build-planner. You can check skills to see what treasures effects affect speed. Not sure at the moment what names would indicate a speed boost treasure effect for any given skill, there are probably tons of names.

To learn more about shopkeeping talk to Selphie

On you selling question, if you are talking consignment, I'm pretty sure there are no advanced option with it. You put an item in and set a price that is it. Personally I haven't consigned anything in a really long time, so only going by how I remember it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deryk View Post
    Do bards get speed? Is that one of a separate class like necromancers and druids? I'm guessing from what I've read that lycanthropes get a speed bonus in wolf form?
    Triple yes, although I'd call bard a skill rather than a class. Shieldbreaker already linked to this previously but it's worth bookmarking if you like speed: http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Haste . If you look at the colored table on the page, it basically tells you which combat skills have some kind of speed bonus. So, if you look at the bard row there, that entry means that the bard skill's only haste ability is Moment of Resolve, which lasts for 8 seconds and can only be re-cast every 60 seconds. Even worse, out of the box, the ability doesn't haste at all ( unmodded 0). In order for it to actually have a haste effect, you need to find an item with a modifier ( "mod") that changes how Moment of Resolve normally works to also have a haste effect. If you find and equip an item with that mod, your Moment of Resolve would then give a +3 speed boost (or possibly less; some mods give a lesser speed buff at lower item levels). You should have seen mods on your gear before now - gear without mods has a white name but green gear will have one mod , a blue item 2, etc. The mod will be something like "Sword Base Damage +8%" or "Sword Slash and Thrusting Blade restore 4 armor" to give two non-haste Sword skill examples.

Going back to haste, if you are looking for combat skills that increase your speed, you mostly likely want to look for something with a high haste uptime percentage on that Haste Wiki page. You may also be better off looking at skills that will have a haste effect without using mods since the mods may be hard to find. Keep in mind though that in most cases, you'd still need to have an ability equipped for the haste effect to work so that will eat up a slot on your hot bar. Also, some skills don't work together at all (e.g. fire magic/cow) or don't work together well. I love the battle chemistry/shield combo for run speed since both of the skills give me a nice high speed boost, but I absolutely refuse to fight anything while I have those skills equipped together.

I think the basic short answer is that you are going to be slow for a while, until you level up and unlock more skills and find more items. The main thing I can think of for you right now is that you could look for an Amulet of the Rugged Traveler for +3 inventory slots and +1 run speed. I can usually find those on a used tab, but other haste items tend be more iffy and/or require an endurance level that you are unlikely to have yet.

If you want haste asap, you could look at animal forms - some amount of haste for cow, deer or even rabbit is pretty easy to get. Animal forms have their own set of complications though - a lot of NPCs in Serbule and Eltibule won't talk to you, and you won't be able to chop wood. So, unless you really want to be an animal, I wouldn't go down that route.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

I was in the keep and I clicked on one of the NPC's that said for hire, and I forgot cuz I'm at work what exactly it was but I didn't have a significant skill yet in order to rent one. Typically the vendors in the keep how much does it cost to have one? Her sooner or later I'm going to be getting enough drops that someone might be interested in that purple ring that I found that I have no use for. I do have two in PCS that are allowing me to sell two items each. Now I have a question when I get a spot opened up to put another item for sale if I have a stack say bottles of milk if I have 10 bottles and I want a hundred coins each how do you put it on there to make sure that somebody doesn't come in and buy all 10 of them for a hundred coins? Thank you for your help in this
    I don't normally do consignments, so can't answer that. I'd assume you'd put in a stack of milk, put a price for the whole stack and then people can only buy the stack, not individual bottles.

I'd sell milk for at least 200 councils per bottle though (or 1K per 5-bottle stack) - they seem to sell quite well for that price at my vendor stall. Don't forget that you can also just advertise what you have in the Trade chat - milk tends to sell quickly and well.

To make money, I'd start by leveling industry first - that will allow you train the skill needed for managing a vendor stall at a lower cost.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 01-03-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to buy a Amulet of the Rugged Traveler, and I found a pair of pants with haste +1 and I do see an increase in movement speed with +2. At least it is a start. Too bad bard's dont get speed buff's like DAOC lol

Thread Footer