Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dangerous recipes had a specific goal aimed at mid level players and it missed the mark massively. Level 70s burning through the amount of materials described here is why it was removed. You guys feel like you need to max out weapons with +simple damage and there are far better ways to perfect your character /build at 70. Not every build is going to be equal damage to fire and ice magic, and some builds like knife look dull VS trash, but on a boss with higher hp absolutely dominate. And brining up lycan doesn't even apply, it's just such a different animal. the pain in the butt they deal with to get 70 is just not worth it to me. Two full moons just to unlock 60+?no thank you.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To talk about the other changes...

Spider: Looks a lot stronger now. Spider/Druid was already a pretty good build and now spider has a lot more poison power. Definitely a very strong DPS now! Incubate being a side bar ability and the baby spiders being stronger will make leveling a bit easier and save up a main bar slot too. Spider got a lot of love this update for sure. Also infinite legs looks a lot stronger too. It was already kind of a silly and gimmicky build but now it looks like it'll be silly, gimmicky and actually pretty good.

Necro: Not too sure on how much better the minions are and it's gonna need some testing. Fixing all the bugs is great though. There's a few bonuses to other damage types sprinkled in Necro which is a bit awkward (There's nothing that really does good Psychic, fire and lightning damage at the same time) but it might encourage some builds that are focused on those damage types with some minions sprinkled in to help. Looks good but it'll definitely need to be tested out to see what kind of builds can be made!

Cow: A little weird on this one. Cow actually got a lot of extra indirect nature damage, meaning that something like Druid/Cow can do respectable nature DoTs. I think the intention might be to make a thorns build from this. In any case that's nice since Cow was always lacking in damage. The tank changes are good (Thank god Graze doesn't have all those mods separated now) but they don't really look super helpful. You can get a very beefy 48 flat damage reduction versus physical now which is a huge amount for flat damage but not terribly helpful due to being physical only and flat reduction. The other mods like extra armor are ok but not terribly helpful either. Stampede getting taunt makes it easier to start as a tank at least.

Deer: Nothing really notable to be honest. Some nice little buffs, but I think Deer is on the weaker end and could use some more love. The new ability's mods looks like it's pushing towards deer being a tank but Deer is heavily lacking in good tanking ability, so for the most part it's just a cantrip ability.

Rabbit: Seems a bit silly but some more abilities are nice! Mostly just a bunch of changes to flesh out rabbit and I like it. Nothing really stands out as "Wow so good!" but overall the skill looks a bit more versatile. There's definitely a push towards unarmed/rabbit here with all the psychic and crushing damage stuff, and play dead having a better cool down can help with that a lot.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mbaums, i got 3 different set skills all at lv 70 with own crafted/augumented yellow gear, without a +300 hammer/club the skill is weak compare to my all other builds, the +300 like i said puts it at same level as my other maxed skill. Aimed for mid level players if that's the case then it was a huge blunder on their part, in 2 years i have to yet meet a lv 40-50 player with lv 50ish surveying able to do expert motherloads for the dangerous recipe! Anyway huge f up on their side, sad a few whining people loving the game unbalanced, wolf hitting for 8k damage on a AoE, Broken! god forbid my 2.6k epic damage needed nerfing! Let's not even go to Unarmed, so needing nerfing year ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The devs' handling of dangerous weapons has been arguably deceitful. Reintroducing a nerfed version provided a reasonable assumption to the player base that they were sticking around in some form. If completely trashing them was on the table, we should have known about it ASAP; I'd argue that disabling them (something that didn't happen during the first incarnation when people had +400-500) is "completely trashing". I spent 1000-1200 expert slabs over the past seven days.

I'm not asking for any recompense, but some communication next time would be nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Necromancy feedback

Some quick points, and then onto the main difficulty I have with necromancy as regards the fun of the skill.

I’ve not got a proper chance yet to evaluate the damage and mod changes to the necromancy minions because of lack of current gear, and that I never unlocked past 60, but they seem to be somewhat better damage wise. I therefore can’t say too much about it at the moment.

I think the zombie summon changes were good, and that works well now. (again not sure about the damage aspect)

The provoke undead skill is similar to the animal handling Monstrous Rage skill in that it lacks a tactical nuance, and by that I mean mostly that you should just use it always when it’s ready to use, the only reason not to use would be opportunity cost over another skill. They are not bad skills but there isn’t much variety in how you can use them. I’ve not seen all the mods yet so this may not always be the case.

My main bugbear with necromancy is the dead pet problem. There has been feedback on this before, but I’ve not seen anything to explain why it should stay the way it is, or I’ve missed it. It would be good to have some feedback on this.

The main problem is that most people, I assume will, like with animal handling, make a build around using necromancy skeletons. When your pets die two things happen: You lose damage output and you loose part of your build theme, and it feels like quite a pain when it’s not so easy to re-summon. In particular when you are with a party, or at some place nowhere near a graveyard.

The graveyard mechanic is great, as is the gravestone mechanic. I wonder if we could have some feedback on this as to why the pets could not be re-summoned more easily. Some solutions perhaps could be (just throwing out examples):

• A timer of say 1 hour when you can re-summon pets, before you have to then find a graveyard
    • Some summoning item you make at graveyards that can only be carried in limited quantities.
    • Pets can re-summon but are weaker.
    • Rend some of your health to re-summon a pet
    • If you yourself die, then you are allowed to re-summon once.
    • Allow summoning of creatures you have not summoned previously unless you visit a graveyard

There are many possibilities without changing any fundamental aspect, I think a fair few people find the dead necromancy pet problem a bit annoying as it currently stands.

On being a dead player with necromancy pets:- If you die, your pets continue to exist in the world, and (especially if there is a re-spawn wait in effect,) your pets get beat up in front of you, which is contrary to the animal handling behavior. I think this really should work similarly as for animal handling where your pets de-spawn on your death.

The slightly odd thing is that Animal Handlers can bring their pets back to life quite easily, and their team mates these days, yet a necromancer specialized in undead dealings can’t seem to complete. With the exception of course - of the zombies. There is a certain core about being able to summon your skeletons and when it’s difficult I think it kills the mood, and in previous situations I’ve switched out to another skill, and to be fair It’s become one of my less favorite skills party because of this.
    Last edited by Murk; 12-21-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: remove too much line spacing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    @Mbaums, ...Aimed for mid level players if that's the case then it was a huge blunder on their part, in 2 years i have to yet meet a lv 40-50 player with lv 50ish surveying able to do expert motherloads for the dangerous recipe!
    I have no desire to enter this pissing contest and I could care less about the recipe issue and this isn't personal because I don't know most of you.

But regarding the quoted comment that I've highlighted...Nice to meet you, there are at least 3 of us capable of doing this at that lvl range and have had the capability for probably well over a year +.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What mid level player has 40 blacksmithing? I cant think of any. The damage could have been capped per level on the item. lvl 70s cap at 300, 60s 250, 50s 200, 40s 150, 30s 100, 20s 50, and 10s 24 or nothing at all.

I didn't even feel that sword needed damage love, hell I remember back when sword was nerfed 8% damage across the board. So then we are allowed to up the damage for huge amount of resources. Sure fine, seems like a great way to keep us higher lvls busy. Pretty much the same as releasing +20% potions for every class. Invigorated the economy. Made the price of magic sand rise to the point where if you wanted it for nibs, well good luck. The manner in which this was tested/ removed left a poor impression on me. Why not leave the +damage weapons in the game? As a thank you to the people that spent the time testing the mechanic, it was expensive and very time consuming. I never even got to making a +300 though not due to lack of trying.
    Last edited by HardRock; 12-22-2018 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Removed redundancies

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    Some Necromancy feedback

Some quick points, and then onto the main difficulty I have with necromancy as regards the fun of the skill.

I’ve not got a proper chance yet to evaluate the damage and mod changes to the necromancy minions because of lack of current gear, and that I never unlocked past 60, but they seem to be somewhat better damage wise. I therefore can’t say too much about it at the moment.

I think the zombie summon changes were good, and that works well now. (again not sure about the damage aspect)

The provoke undead skill is similar to the animal handling Monstrous Rage skill in that it lacks a tactical nuance, and by that I mean mostly that you should just use it always when it’s ready to use, the only reason not to use would be opportunity cost over another skill. They are not bad skills but there isn’t much variety in how you can use them. I’ve not seen all the mods yet so this may not always be the case.

My main bugbear with necromancy is the dead pet problem. There has been feedback on this before, but I’ve not seen anything to explain why it should stay the way it is, or I’ve missed it. It would be good to have some feedback on this.

The main problem is that most people, I assume will, like with animal handling, make a build around using necromancy skeletons. When your pets die two things happen: You lose damage output and you loose part of your build theme, and it feels like quite a pain when it’s not so easy to re-summon. In particular when you are with a party, or at some place nowhere near a graveyard.

The graveyard mechanic is great, as is the gravestone mechanic. I wonder if we could have some feedback on this as to why the pets could not be re-summoned more easily. Some solutions perhaps could be (just throwing out examples):

• A timer of say 1 hour when you can re-summon pets, before you have to then find a graveyard
    • Some summoning item you make at graveyards that can only be carried in limited quantities.
    • Pets can re-summon but are weaker.
    • Rend some of your health to re-summon a pet
    • If you yourself die, then you are allowed to re-summon once.
    • Allow summoning of creatures you have not summoned previously unless you visit a graveyard

There are many possibilities without changing any fundamental aspect, I think a fair few people find the dead necromancy pet problem a bit annoying as it currently stands.

On being a dead player with necromancy pets:- If you die, your pets continue to exist in the world, and (especially if there is a re-spawn wait in effect,) your pets get beat up in front of you, which is contrary to the animal handling behavior. I think this really should work similarly as for animal handling where your pets de-spawn on your death.

The slightly odd thing is that Animal Handlers can bring their pets back to life quite easily, and their team mates these days, yet a necromancer specialized in undead dealings can’t seem to complete. With the exception of course - of the zombies. There is a certain core about being able to summon your skeletons and when it’s difficult I think it kills the mood, and in previous situations I’ve switched out to another skill, and to be fair It’s become one of my less favorite skills party because of this.

Since necro pets are already dead and a PITA to summon, what if they simply reanimated with a slight loss of str. After say a min of not dying again the penalty could be lifted.

Necros should also be allowed to carry a bag of bones around. The bag of bones would act as a graveyard that you could summon your skeles from. It doesn't need to replace the die 3x upon entering a dungeon to create a graveyard, just an additional alternate way of doing things. Perhaps the bag of bones is a special drop from a rare/difficult boss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an early access game, sounds like some of you expect it to behave like a released title in there being no major changes that would render some of your play time or effort insignificant. There is a wipe coming, all your items will be gone anyway. Don't play an early access game with unrealistic expecations that a lot of your effort and time won't be wasted, it will, as is the nature of it.

Thread Footer