Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: December 20, 2018

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...3895#post13895

Discussion is in this thread! But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system so we can track them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really hoping they’d make necromancer mages and guardian pets easier to summon without the graveyard requirement, it’s pretty mich the same necromancy with a few improvements but the core of having those pets stays the same and very counterproductive to bother with the class that relies on pets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the update. i think the major problem with the undead is the summoning of them. the cemetery requirement... and the zombies very fast health deterioration. this is something that you should fix.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dangerously weapons. After crafting about 90 weapons, then selecting only the yellow/purples adding to the yellow/purples i found few reds were in the mix, i broke collectively almost 100 weapons and wasted 1800 expert slabs trying to achieve a +300. so much resources/time wasted a " sorry " isn't good enough.When the recipe was released it was taken down then after some rework released again and it was good. Are this weapon overpowered not really, i actually felt like i could keep up damage wise with most, now we are all back at the bottom of the list on damage, love how other issues are ignored but as soon as some of the under achieving skills get some deserving attention it get all erased. Nothing better now to go to GK and see others post the same damage on kills like yesterday... but not some of us, truly a "back stab" move.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    Dangerously weapons. After crafting about 90 weapons, then selecting only the yellow/purples adding to the yellow/purples i found few reds were in the mix, i broke collectively almost 100 weapons and wasted 1800 expert slabs trying to achieve a +300. so much resources/time wasted a " sorry " isn't good enough.When the recipe was released it was taken down then after some rework released again and it was good. Are this weapon overpowered not really, i actually felt like i could keep up damage wise with most, now we are all back at the bottom of the list on damage, love how other issues are ignored but as soon as some of the under achieving skills get some deserving attention it get all erased. Nothing better now to go to GK and see others post the same damage on kills like yesterday... but not some of us, truly a "back stab" move.
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but I am very happy that the enchantments have been removed. Yes, they were helpful when you got a buffed up weapon, but I believe they weren't healthy for the game as a whole, and not something anything should be balanced around.

Think about it like this. I don't know what skill you're talking about, but if you believe that the skill is extremely weak and needs dangerous enchantments to compete, then that reveals how flawed the skill was in the first place. If everyone needed to go through dangerous enchantments in order to be decently strong, then you're asking that every new player dump potentially millions of councils worth of items into trying to upgrade their own weapons. As a long time player that might be possible, but telling new players "Don't use that skill unless if you're ready to pump millions into it" would be very demotivating to players who wanted to try it out but don't have a fortune saved. Not only that, but the idea of needing to spend tons of resources just to get a skill to comparable strength is silly when other skills can do it for free.

If you think there's a problem with the skill, then make sure to state what it is! That way the developers can fix it in a way that is more fun, enjoyable and applicable to everyone who wants to try it. Dangerous enchantments should not be the fix to the problem because only some players will actually be able to take advantage of it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some players? I think the reason they were introduced is to help out skills that are under-performing compare to rest finally some decent damage to skills, numbers were now at par with my BC, archery and fire/ice magic skills, made skills too powerful, rofl ! How about you try out archery @Yaffy and let me know after you max it and all how hammer holds up to it, don't bother i can tell you it's pitiful now. Like i said finally able to dish out damage just like the rest of the peeps in group, be a part of something, now it's all taken back, least they could have done is tell us they were shutting it off, just today crafted 35 max weapons and broke 13 of them using 480 slabs that's total inconsideration on their part of the time and effort it took to do that a simple btw on the next patch we turning off dangerously weapon so stop wasting time/money/resources.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please stop talking again about the damage upgrade recipes... the upgrade was necro major. talk about that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorKazim View Post
    please stop talking again about the damage upgrade recipes... the upgrade was necro major. talk about that...
    How about you try not to dictate to others what they want to talk about. The recipes were a part of the update as well and should be discussed if it's important to that poster. I never used them, but if I dumped a lot of time and resources into them and they were removed with nothing more than oops, I'd be up in arms as well.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a totally different note: I already said this last year but I love the tree decorations. And the presents. And Kleave's attitude. I'll probably stop bouncing around over the presents sometime and start reading the rest of the patch notes, but likely not before the next patch.

Oh, I did check out the new animal abilities. Both the rabbit abilities look like fun and so appropriate but I'm not really sure about the new cow ability. I guess I'm with Raul and it seems rather undignified...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with INXS.
    I spent considerable time and resources in getting a decent plus 200 sword. It is by no means broken.
    I felt the simple damage was a good fix.
    I hope they realize that simple damage was a nice mini boost and put it back.
    Frustrating that some of the truly broken skills have seen no nerf....werewolf...psychology

Thread Footer