Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thread: Multiple Guilds
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    There is? Why? It's stupid.

Guilds online are just private clubs. Outsiders don't see anything. What's there to be proud of?
    I haven't played a lot of MMOs but sometimes i'll get a sense just from people's guild tags or whatever of what guilds tend to be more friendly/helpful than others. Guilds tend to form group identities, some might be more fun or more principled or what have you, so that could be one reason to take pride i guess.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is? Why? It's stupid.

Guilds online are just private clubs. Outsiders don't see anything. What's there to be proud of?
    In PG, not much, but in other games guilds can win events and brag about it. In Everquest there is even a tool to compare guilds by their achievements, and sort them. I know, I was in the 4th for some time.

PG doesn't have (and probably won't have in the foreseeable future) massive, guild-wide events. But it has some guild flags (hardcore and animal), so you could brag about being in the animal-only guild, supposedly showing your "dedication" to sticking to an animal form. Something to be proud of? YMMV.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ANT3RA View Post
    If your answer is something else, I am genuinely curious as to why you would choose to join a group of people that have similar interests and
    ...That's not what a guild is, though.

It's a game mechanic of some loose definition of accounts who share a vault.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...That's not what a guild is, though.

It's a game mechanic of some loose definition of accounts who share a vault.
    So what you are saying is that members of a guild do not share similar interests? Furthermore, people only join guilds for storage access?

This is very interesting. You may have single-handedly turned every major mmo guild mechanic and ideology, in the past 20 odd years, on its head with that comment.

I assume that guild raids are a myth? Guild events such as lotteries, trivia, dungeon runs, leveling parties, crafting days etc are a fallacy? I could have sworn these were all considered similar interests when members of the same guild participate. I must have been delusional for the past 25 years.

How wrong was I to assume that guilds were a formal gathering of people that shared common interests and ideas and used that as a basis for game activities.

Maybe you should stick to commenting on the social intricacies of candy crush, because you have no clue on mmo guild structures. Google is your friend.

/mindblown

Edit: By your definition and mindset you are saying that a family is a loose social definition of humans who share a fridge.
    Last edited by ANT3RA; 03-16-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

By your definition and mindset you are saying that a family is a loose social definition of humans who share a fridge.
    You mean it's not?!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I share my fridge only with my closest family.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my twenty years playing online, I've never seen a guild where the users involved shared anything like interests or ideology, or any game mechanics which encouraged it.

Guild raids aren't an interest. They're an event. One that doesn't require a guild in-game to happen. None of that has anything to do with the guild mechanic in game, and I've yet to se a game that truly the guild mechanic helped it happen.

Edit: By your definition and mindset you are saying that a family is a loose social definition of humans who share a fridge.
    That's a serious straw-man you're sitting on. Careful you don't get burnt.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In my (also 20) years of online gaming I have never joined a guild I had no common interests with. Why else would a player join a guild?! Common interests are diverse you know, from a common interest in PvP, to topics that you chat about in guild channel, races/classes you are interested in playing and a particular guild is interested in recruiting etc. Even generic requirements like "be nice" denote a common interest-create a nice image/reputation for the guild members and for the guild as a whole.

In the previous games I've played I was guild master most of the time and built a guild from the ground up several times. I never ever recruited people who had nothing in common. If you only recruit chars (as opposed to people) that fit certain requirements and are ideal for "guild mechanics" (aka be able to win a GvG event, steal a boss etc) that guild won't last very long.
    I'm opposed to the idea of multiple guilds because being in one requires a bit of loyalty and involvement from a player. Obviously this doesn't apply to "storage/alts" guilds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    In my (also 20) years of online gaming I have never joined a guild I had no common interests with. Why else would a player join a guild?! Common interests are diverse you know, from a common interest in PvP, to topics that you chat about in guild channel, races/classes you are interested in playing and a particular guild is interested in recruiting etc. Even generic requirements like "be nice" denote a common interest-create a nice image/reputation for the guild members and for the guild as a whole.

In the previous games I've played I was guild master most of the time and built a guild from the ground up several times. I never ever recruited people who had nothing in common. If you only recruit chars (as opposed to people) that fit certain requirements and are ideal for "guild mechanics" (aka be able to win a GvG event, steal a boss etc) that guild won't last very long.
    I'm opposed to the idea of multiple guilds because being in one requires a bit of loyalty and involvement from a player. Obviously this doesn't apply to "storage/alts" guilds.
    Thank you. Something that make sense.

Edit: Content deleted to keep things civil.
    Last edited by ANT3RA; 03-18-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my twenty years playing online, I've never seen a guild where the users involved shared anything like interests or ideology.
    I guess I should chime in here, but Chosen of Norala is made of a group of players who share similar interests. We're wolves.

Thread Footer